X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in ted we trust

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      The Lions would still be third place in the division even with Jason Taylor.
      Wow... how wise. You are a football genius and should be treated as such. Well done.
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Isn't Taylor like 33? I can't imagine it being a good idea to give up anything more than a 3rd for someone that age, especially knowing you're only going to get 2-4 years out of him...

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
          If the Jags could trade for him for a good price, I'd do it.

Maybe send Miami our Marcus Stroud picks.

Jason Taylor would produce for another couple years. Not only would that give us a better overall team RIGHT NOW, but it would give us the opportunity to develop good young depth for when he slows down, instead of need-drafting guys and throwing them into the fire.
          you seem to be forgetting that Jacksonville is a good pass rusher away from being a legit Superbowl contender...

Jason Taylor would vault our defense over the top...

Comment

I wish the Jets make a play for him but it won't happen.. No way do they trade him in the AFC East plus i don't want them to trade away any more picks. 1st, 2nd, 2 4ths, 6th, 7th and I think another one from the Kendall deal.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I would love the Rams to make a play for him. I'm not sure what rounds they want in return, but the Rams could then take Jake Long and also fill the DE hole. It would be an extremely temporart fix at DE though, with Little on the other side.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                I would love the Rams to make a play for him. I'm not sure what rounds they want in return, but the Rams could then take Jake Long and also fill the DE hole. It would be an extremely temporart fix at DE though, with Little on the other side.
                What's the point then? If you're not going to be a contender you shouldn't trade away a second+ for him.

Comment

Taylor probably wouldnt go to many teams, only contenders. He would probably retire than be traded to a team like Oakland or something. He is 33 years old, 34 when the season starts and hes never won a championship im sure that is his top priority. I think it will come down to what Taylor wants because he could threaten retirement if he dont get what he wants. I bet he goes to New England for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by briz222x View Post
                    Taylor probably wouldnt go to many teams, only contenders. He would probably retire than be traded to a team like Oakland or something. He is 33 years old, 34 when the season starts and hes never won a championship im sure that is his top priority. I think it will come down to what Taylor wants because he could threaten retirement if he dont get what he wants. I bet he goes to New England for a 3rd and a 5th round pick.

Nope, I can guarantee we won't trade him to New England. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if we did. Like I said before, i think we learned our lesson with Welker.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Incidentally, now that the teams know this, what is stopping them from waiting until he's given his release and then bidding on him?

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                        Incidentally, now that the teams know this, what is stopping them from waiting until he's given his release and then bidding on him?
                        Because I very highly doubt we would outright release him, and teams know that.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Stroud,Rogers,Jenkins all got traded pretty quick 1-2 days
                          so i think he will be traded by monday night

Comment

I agree, he's too good of a player on the trade block and with all of these big name defensive line guys getting traded so quickly it's easy to say that the market will soon be out with Taylor...

Comment

Personally, I can't see a better fit than New England. He has experience in playing on his feet; he is the type of veteran (read: old) savvy player that BB covets--particularly at the LB position--he is a solid character guy that is highly intelligent.....and having Parcells there makes it more likely (not less, where do people get this from?) that a deal will get done.

To me, its all about compensation. If New England offers enough to satisfy Miami, it will get done. Its just a matter of whether or not they have the interest. Given the fact that they just cut their starting ROLB from last year, and that their high 1st rounder would be better served filling the glaring need at CB, I don't see how they aren't interested. I will be mildly surprised if New England doesn't end up getting him.
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                                What's the point then? If you're not going to be a contender you shouldn't trade away a second+ for him.
                                First of all, I wouldn't trade a 2nd round pick for Taylor, especially the 2nd pick in the 2nd round. I don't think I would even trade the last pick in the 2nd round for him considering he probably has 3 years left maximum. Secondly, everyone is a contender in some capacity in the NFC West. Seattle should be the favorite, but I wouldn't say they are etched in stone as the divisional winner.

So basically, I don't know what rumors are going around, but a 2nd rounder for Taylor seems awfully steep to me, especially with Shaun Rogers, Kris Jenkins, Jonathon Vilma, etc all being traded without 2nd rounders involved. Those guys are all considerably younger than Taylor. I would be mildly shocked if someone traded a 2nd rounder for him.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information