Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Haul In Williams

CHIEFS HAUL IN WILLIAMS

The free-agency frenzy continues, even late into a Saturday night.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Chiefs have agreed to terms with former Falcons linebacker Demorrio Williams on a five-year, $16 million contract.

The deal includes $5.5 million in guaranteed money.

I think the Chiefs just jumped the Chargers in the division.

Comment

Come on now dude this is a good sign but its not going to bump a team like the chiefs past the chargers. Thats pretty stupid saying that. Upgrading your LB core with one guy wont put you past a team that has no glaring weaknesses. Chiefs Oline is weak, secondary is average and old plus they have have a major problem at Q...

1. Chargers
      2. Broncos
      3. Chiefs
      4. Raiders
      Last edited by Thunder&Lightning; 03-02-2008, 02:55 PM.

Comment

What would he play? He is a WLB...isnt that the same position as Johnson?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
          Come on now dude this is a good sign but its not going to bump a team like the chiefs past the chargers. Thats pretty stupid saying that. Upgrading your LB core with one guy wont put you past a team that has no glaring weaknesses. Chiefs Oline is weak, secondary is average and old plus they have have a major problem at Q...

1. Chargers
          2. Broncos
          3. Chiefs
          4. Raiders
          well other than HC,WRs,and QB probably not.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
            What would he play? He is a WLB...isnt that the same position as Johnson?
            nope. I think they keep Johnson at the SLB, move Edwards to MLB, and play Williams at WLB.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
              nope. I think they keep Johnson at the SLB, move Edwards to MLB, and play Williams at WLB.
              This seems likely, although the Chiefs don't really employ strong or weak sides on defense, everybody is left or right.

Comment

I think this is a good signing. The value on the contract is good--especially when considering the other contract being doled out--and Williams is a solid LB.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                  well other than HC,WRs,and QB probably not.
                  i'd have to disagree on a few of those fronts. I would also put the chargers WR and QB above that of KCs

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Johnson plays SLB? Really? I couldve sworn he plays weakside.

Williams is a good guy, and has the chance to get alot better in the future. He overpursues like no other and bites on playactions like Grady Jackson biting on his burgers. He is also a bit undersized and gets swallowed up against blockers or any sort. But, he is very athletic is great against the pass. He will fly across the screen to make a tackle or blow up a screen play. But even his weakness can be worked on. Good deal.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Quite the haul. Decent starter.

Comment

Not to burst your bubble but Demorrio Williams barely held off a 4th round rookie for his job. He's weak at the point of attack, and will over-pursue.
                        Then again, I have been more critical of his play than other Falcons' fans.

Comment

Our problem is not at QB. It's at offensive line. I will agree on that. And no glaring weakness? Please. This is the same argument every Chargers fan spouts. I still don't buy the whole "best roster in the NFL" thing.

This is a good signing, but we have other areas that need improvement. With that being said, I'm realistic and I don't think we've jumped anyone in our division, but I also think the Chargers are overrated.
                          Last edited by vidae; 03-02-2008, 03:37 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Donnie Edwards is expected to move to MLB..and D.Williams to take over the weak side.
                            Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post

1. Chargers
                              2. Broncos
                              3. Chiefs
                              4. Raiders
                              I'm pretty sure he was joking when he said that.

As for the pick up while I do like it and we didn't over pay we have WAY bigger needs like OL,CB and WR.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information