Falcons Sign Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    Oops, didn't realize there was another thread. I'm still somewhat pissed the Bears didn't go after him. Will make a nice combo there with Norwood. I'd look to Ryan, Dorsey, or Long there, with health being a factor with Glenn.
    Eh....there will be cheaper options in the draf. It makes more sense for the Falcons because they didn't have any important free agents to retain and have more holes to fill (not that we don't have our own).

I'm not sure what everyone is wow'ing though. It's a nice fit but that's a hell of a lot of money for someone that's never started.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

So the Falcons don't want McFadden.

Apology Falcons fans?
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I really like this signing, but I am not crazy about the money it took to get him. Oh well, it's better than paying Darren McFadden even more money by taking him with the 3rd pick. Turner is ideal for what Atlanta needs at RB, McFadden wasn't.

As for the draft I hope Atlanta takes Jake Long. He and Blalock would be a dominant left side and would plow the way for Turner. Chris Redman would serve as the stop-gap for whomever the team took in round 2.

Comment

im kinda surprised that the bears did not go after him, since he is a local kid. he did go to North Chicago highschool.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
            Can you say Matt Ryan
            I'm thinking Dorsey. We have mentioned the importance of running the ball, and stopping the run. And if his health checks out, Dorsey could be exactly what we need.

But I'm really a fan of this move. Most Falcons fans will tell you Norwood can't handle 15+ carries a game every game. His health just won't hold up with his frame. This essentially combines two good backups who are perfect complements. Turner is the power back that Mularkey craves and Norwood fills the role of scat back. I would look for Turner to see 75% of the carries.

Comment

I feel similarly, 51. We've seen Turner make some great runs ... in the 4th quarter, late in the season. We'll see how he does as the starting guy on his own team, without the Chargers' OL.

I wonder how well he can pass protect, because better him than Norwood in that regard.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Great move, I still think Oakland takes DMAc at 4, Fargas isnt enough, provide in dmac and you make jamarcus job so much easier...Turner blends in great with Norwood, he should break off plenty huge runs in the ZBS, ATL is not as far away as people think...Roddy is a playmaker, all you need is to build the line with the proper pieces and find someone to manage the offense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i feel bad for michael bush. cause with dmac probably going to Oak. he justs get buried farther and farther down the depth chart

Comment

Good Sign for the Falcons. Turner is a much better fit for the Falcons than DMAC would have been. Atlanta is a few years away from being good again. They should draft Long sure up there Oline then next year hopefully draft a better QB prospect than Ryan.

Comment

Adrian Peterson has more rushing yards and touchdowns in one year than Turner has in four years.

Sorry, had to say it. :)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                        Adrian Peterson has more rushing yards and touchdowns in one year than Turner has in four years.

Sorry, had to say it. :)
                        wow. due to the fact that turner was behind LT, im not surprised

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

FINALLY! great sign for us

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
                            so does this end any chance of Dmac going in the top 3
                            Yeah good thing I didn't put him to atlanta in my mock.. i woulda had to gone back and change it.

good signing

other than coleman who else have they got?
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

harrrr

I'd like to say good signing but we haven't seen what Turner is made of really. I guess we will see if he can carry the load over a full season. You just can't predict how guys are going to perform. I am kind of curious why they did not give Norwood a shot at being the #1 back. Any Falcons fans want to clue me in, I don't want enough of the Falcons to have an opinion on Norwood.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
                                I'd like to say good signing but we haven't seen what Turner is made of really. I guess we will see if he can carry the load over a full season. You just can't predict how guys are going to perform. I am kind of curious why they did not give Norwood a shot at being the #1 back. Any Falcons fans want to clue me in, I don't want enough of the Falcons to have an opinion on Norwood.
                                Norwood isnt a full time back. hes really good when he shares the load but he prob doesnt have enough in him to get 20-25 carries per game

Sig by BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information