No announcement yet.

Falcons Sign Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure it has been said about 94024024 times already but this should make Matt Ryan to Atlanta a virtual lock. I've already read that they are smitten with him, and considering their GM is coming from an area where not only was he able to watch Matt Ryan develop very closely, but he sees the value in having a big prototype style QB in the pocket.

Both would be GREAT moves by Atlanta...

Comment

no no no no no no no no no no no no no.
      i do not want Matt Ryan. he's not that good. idk why everyones so high on him.

if we get a QB in the first round i'd rather trade down and get Brian Brohm

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Great signing for a great amount of money. I honestly expected seven million a year so I am very happy with this. I think this means Jake Long at four, I'm sure he wanted some insurance that offensive line would be a priority.

If not Jake Long then Glenn Dorsey.

Love this signing.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Komp View Post
          I'd like to say good signing but we haven't seen what Turner is made of really. I guess we will see if he can carry the load over a full season. You just can't predict how guys are going to perform. I am kind of curious why they did not give Norwood a shot at being the #1 back. Any Falcons fans want to clue me in, I don't want enough of the Falcons to have an opinion on Norwood.
          Well first of all Mike Smith has just come from a VERY successful two back system. When you look at Jerious Norwood he is 5"11 205lbs as well as blinding speed, he does run with some power and will be great value (originally being a 3rd round pick) but he certainly isnt the pounder that can get you 3 yards a cary consistanly when its 3rd and 2. Norwood is more like Reggie Bush (although not a #2 pick overall) he gets stuffed twice then gains 20 yards, then will get stuffed again then another big gain.

We needed a pounder to compliment that, a guy 230lbs plus but still moves like a running back. Sure, we could of waited till the draft but after Jon Stewart and Mandenhal no one really fits and with this many needs, you dont wanna use a 1st rounder on a running back. This way we got the PERFECT compliment (in terms of skillset) still keep our first rounder, pay less money than we would for a worse fit in McFadden at #3 and also have the bonus that the guy has the speed to take it the distance! And from what i have heard is of high character with very few (if any) baby-mamas lol
          Page 49, Atlanta Falcons Gameday Thread- Best...Page...Ever

Comment

i do not think ATL will go with ryan. I think dorsey might have a chance there. i also like the idea about trade back for brohm. i really do not think brohm has fallen that far on the draft board as people would let it out to be. what has brohm done to fall that far back???

Comment

Great move. I really love how well they should be able to complement each other. The combo of Turner and Norwood is about as lightning and thunder as you can get.

In regards to the draft, I REALLY hope Jake Long drops to us.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I'm glad he went to the NFC, I wouldn't want to have to play him very often just because I like to see him do well...hopefully he doesn't dissapoint in Atlanta..

Comment

nice pickup
                  Norwood
                  Turner
                  Dunn
                  Nice backfield

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I think ATL is better off going with Jake Long, him and Blalock would mesh together, the backfield would be a good 1-2 punch, and any qb they draft in the 1st rd next year will be coming into an ideal situation with protection and weapons around him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                      nice pickup
                      Norwood
                      Turner
                      Dunn
                      Nice backfield
                      This probably means that Dunn will be gone.

Comment

id say they go after one of the NT's i think they are looking to get a jacksonville esque interior Dline

Comment

A little risky to give $15 million guaranteed for a guy who has 1 start in his career, but he should work well in a rotation with norwood.
                          Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-02-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

seems like the burner finally gets his shot to start in the Pros. Good for him and great for the falcons. A nice step forward for the falcons.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm thinkin this could be a serious headline, and this will no doubt pull fans back into the stands. It's not super flashy, but a back that runs with his nasty demeanor and can still take it to the house, coupled with one of fastest and just plain shifty guys out there, it's going to be fun to watch. I honestly don't think we'll go with Ryan, look how our team is built...it's not built for a flashy QB, or one that goes out there and forces the ball, this team is being built for ball control. A Trent Dilfer type QB will be what they want here I'm thinking, someone who won't turn the ball over and will get the ball out of his hands to let the playmakers (Roddy, Norwood and Turner) make the plays.

Comment

great signing for the falcons. I guess thats bye bye to dunn.
                                a jets,oakland, or possibly a cowboy fan is very happy right now cuz they still have chance at mcfadden

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information