No announcement yet.

Falcons Sign Turner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good not great signing. IMO Turner could be a FA bust. Reasons for why he got his high yards per carry could have been because defense's were wore down from playing against LT all game and he had Lorenzo Neal as his fullback and running behind a good O-Line. He could pan out but I am just not sold on him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      I am sure it has been said about 94024024 times already but this should make Matt Ryan to Atlanta a virtual lock. I've already read that they are smitten with him, and considering their GM is coming from an area where not only was he able to watch Matt Ryan develop very closely, but he sees the value in having a big prototype style QB in the pocket.

Both would be GREAT moves by Atlanta...
      I agree with this but at the same time I could see the Falcons target Jake Long with the #3 pick and than hope to land Henne or Flacco in the 2nd.
      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Things are lookin good for Arthur again
        Bring Wesley Woodyard back home Tom.

Comment

So this means no D-Mac and is Dunn going to be out?

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by roidrunner View Post
            i do not think ATL will go with ryan. I think dorsey might have a chance there. i also like the idea about trade back for brohm. i really do not think brohm has fallen that far on the draft board as people would let it out to be. what has brohm done to fall that far back???
            I dont think Brohm has fallen much. i still like him more then Ryan but hes not worth #3 money. trading down will cost less and be better in my opinion

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Dunn will be cut most likely, even though I like the guy a lot as a player and a person he has lost more than a step.

But I believe his blocking and receiving abilities will allow him to catch on with another team. Dallas maybe? I'm not sure how well Barber can block or catch. Dunn should be successful in a Kevin Faulk type role.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

i loved Dunn. he was an awsome player but an even better person.

i hope a team picks him up and he does good

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  Dunn will be cut most likely, even though I like the guy a lot as a player and a person he has lost more than a step.

But I believe his blocking and receiving abilities will allow him to catch on with another team. Dallas maybe? I'm not sure how well Barber can block or catch. Dunn should be successful in a Kevin Faulk type role.
                  Barber does it all he just lacks long speed and he needs to adjust his energy output if he's gonna be the starter. He will be tired if he runs like a madman all the time.
                  I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by SimonRath View Post
                    i loved Dunn. he was an awsome player but an even better person.

i hope a team picks him up and he does good

As do I. It just looks like it is the end for Warrick though. He has always relied on his quickness, and now it's just not there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      I really like this signing, but I am not crazy about the money it took to get him. Oh well, it's better than paying Darren McFadden even more money by taking him with the 3rd pick. Turner is ideal for what Atlanta needs at RB, McFadden wasn't.

As for the draft I hope Atlanta takes Jake Long. He and Blalock would be a dominant left side and would plow the way for Turner. Chris Redman would serve as the stop-gap for whomever the team took in round 2.
                      and imagine if we also signed Maurice Williams, we would likely cut Forney and Wiener and be left with this:
                      Long - Blalock - McClure - Clabo - Williams

Owner of ScarDraft
                      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Dunn is all but gone, he will be paid top 5 HB money next year and 3 millions is saved by cutting him.

Comment

Dunn is an awesome guy. he does so much for his community. I like him alot. But I'm sure glad that Turner is out of my division.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                            and imagine if we also signed Maurice Williams, we would likely cut Forney and Wiener and be left with this:
                            Long - Blalock - McClure - Clabo - Williams
                            Wow. That is pretty exciting.

Too bad the chance of Long falling to us at 3 is decreasing and decreasing.

So far, I want:

1. Jake Long
                            2. Matt Ryan
                            3. Sedrick Ellis
                            4. Glenn Dorsey

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information