No announcement yet.

Alge Crumpler signs with the Titans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a surprise to me. I like this move.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Assuming Crumpler can stay healthy, this signing gives Young something he hasn't seen thus far in his career: a reliable, consistent target with some playmaking ability.

It's virtually impossible to develop both a young QB and a young receiving corps at the same time. Hopefully Crumpler provides the sense of stability that the Titans were looking for when they signed an over-the-hill Eric Moulds last year.

Comment

Don't think it's signed and sealed yet, but the Seahawks apparently didn't have the cap room? That's what I kept reading. I also think the Seahawks were weary of his knees but what a team GM says in the media when a player is in town isn't always without agenda - he also kept pointing out they like TE's in the draft so it seems he wanted to try and convince Alge to perhaps not ask for so much $ in exchange for being a TE on their more powerful offense than Tennesee or something.

It's a good signing if he can stay healthy because VY now has a primary target. He hasn't had one until now. He hasn't had a guy he looks to 1st all the time every time. It should help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Crvena Ptica View Post
          Troupe is scheduled to visit Buffalo.
          And New Orleans. :)
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Hmmmm......could it be that Schefter jumped the gun a bit?
            Crumpler's Agent: ''No Deal Yet''

Despite a report that tight end Alge Crumpler has agreed to terms to become the newest Titan acquisition, agent James Williams told Titans Radio Sunday night that his client has not agreed to a contract -- at least not yet.

''Where did you see that report?...We talked on Sunday, lets put it that way,'' Williams said. ''He has not signed a contract nor agreed to anything.''

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/b...urb=news620380

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              I don't think he's that huge of an upgrade over what Troupe and Scaife brought to the table this past year.
              And what did troupe bring to the table last year? He was pretty much our 3rd TE last year. He didn't understand the playbook and his routes, he offered nothing as a blocker, and he dropped waaaaaaayyy to many passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                And what did troupe bring to the table last year? He was pretty much our 3rd TE last year. He didn't understand the playbook and his routes, he offered nothing as a blocker, and he dropped waaaaaaayyy to many passes.
                Doesn't sound like a guy I'd be too thrilled with on the Saints...
                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  Maybe one of those teams can get something out of Troupe.....God knows the Titans never could.

Rumor has it that Troupe has struggled with NFL playbooks since day one, and his production has steadily declined in the past couple years; in 2007, he was a complete non-factor for the Titans. It seemed like the only time his name was called was when he dropped a pass or missed a block....which was far too often.

That said, I do feel that Norm Chow never utilized Troupe correctly. Under Chow's offense, Troupe always found himself used as a traditional TE, a role for which Troupe is ill-suited.

Troupe has always had a knack for getting open and making plays downfield, and he is a serious playmaker when he gets the ball in his hands...very tough to bring down. In the right system, he could be highly productive, and a very effective weapon. Unfortunately, he just never fit in the Titans' offense.

Comment

A phrase Titans' fans better get used to: "arthroscopic knee surgery," and "dropped by Crumpler" while your at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                      Not making out of Buffalo. My bet is that they are going to officially announce both Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe signed tomorrow.

Comment

Kinda suprised here. 1st step of helping vince out.

Comment

Crumpler's Agent: ''No Deal Yet''

By Jonathan Hutton March 2, 2008

Despite a report that tight end Alge Crumpler has agreed to terms to become the newest Titan acquisition, agent James Williams told Titans Radio Sunday night that his client has not agreed to a contract -- at least not yet.

The deal is reported to be a two year contract worth $5.25 million dollars, with a $1 million dollar signing bonus.

''Where did you see that report?...We talked on Sunday, lets put it that way,'' Williams said. ''He has not signed a contract nor agreed to anything.''

Crumpler visited with the Titans last week and has also met with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Seattle Seahawks since being released last month.

Tampa has already signed another tight end, but Seattle seemed to remain interested throughout the weekend. There had been a rumor that the four-time Pro-Bowler was close to signing a deal with the Seahawks, a story his agent later clarified.

''When there's a contract signed you'll hear about it, I'm sure,'' Williams said.

The last report that surfaced on Crumpler said he was going to speak with the Buffalo Bills Monday morning. Williams denied that report, as he has with many others involving his client, a sign of posturing.

Crumpler just finished his seventh season in the league and has 316 catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns throughout his career in Atlanta.

The Titans lost tight end Ben Hartsock on Sunday. He signed a $9 million deal with the Falcons. The team's top tight end, Bo Scaife, is a restricted free agent, while fellow tight end Ben Troupe is an unrestricted free agent and has attracted attention in the free agent market.

http://www.titansradio.com/cgi-bin/b...urb=news620380

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            A phrase Titans' fans better get used to: "arthroscopic knee surgery," and "dropped by Crumpler" while your at it.

Not only that, but I do not want to hear the phrase "He will help Young like he helped Vick" again.

There is something I need to get straight with those people. Crumpler didn't help Vick. Michael helped Crumpler.

Comment

Im kinda surprised some of you guys are actually excited about bringing troupe in. Maybe he can get his stuff together, but I hope your team doesn't overpay for him like the dolphins did with Randy Starks.
                              And about Crumpler dropping passes, it wont be anything new to our TE's.

Comment

Seriously though, if this article is to be believed:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ans/index.html

It is basically this free agency's best value signing so far, knee issues or not. Ben "I'm a Tackle" Hartstock got a better deal ffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information