Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you happy with your teams Free Agency (so far)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chargers: I would say im not happy but im not suprised either...Chargers really never do much. I knew it was coming but im ok with the release of olivea and mcree but im sad to see Neal gone. He was one of the cornerstones to our franchise for years. But, I am very happy to see the chargers resign Volek with the uncertainty of Rivers health and his knee. Overall even though we do not need much I wish they did more but again im not suprised...

Comment

Right now, I'm happy with the Jets one free agency signing of Alan Faneca. If they sign Calvin Pace and/or Damien Woody, I won't be though.

Comment

I like the moves the steelers made: None. Maybe could have signed an OL though.

Comment

Free Agency started? Apparently Gruden didn't get the memo.
          "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
            Signings:
            CB Drayton Florence (upgrades the secondary)
            WR Jerry Porter (expected to come in and produce...upgrade)
            WR Troy Williamson (gives us the world class speed that we didn't have before)QB Cleo Lemon (capable backup to Garrard, experience, strengthens the position)

Traded:
            Marcus Stroud for a 3rd and a 5th round draft selection...(gives us more ammo to move up in the first round if we want, we get great compensation for an aging, oft-injured DT who hasn't had more than three sacks in a season the past three seasons...)
            If this was a track meet you would have gotten yourself a very good player. Unfortunatly Williamson seems to drop everything throw to him. The guy doesn't even have the hands to be a cornerback.

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
              Free Agency started? Apparently Gruden didn't get the memo.
              no, he just thought it only lasted 12 hours
              Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
              Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
              A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Ehh I guess so. Would've been nice to get a Moss or whatever but our GM hits home runs in the draft and even undrafted free agency so I have no worries.
                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  If this was a track meet you would have gotten yourself a very good player. Unfortunatly Williamson seems to drop everything throw to him. The guy doesn't even have the hands to be a cornerback.
                  thanks for telling me something I didn't know...

as long as Williamson can get past people we don't need him to catch the ball, hell...we probably wouldn't even throw it to him that much,...but teams have to respect the speed....and that's what he's here for...to pull coverage...

Comment

Yes...

We've got a 3rd round comp pick and possibly a 6th or 7th depending on Haggans signing.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

No. Bruce Allen apparently thinks we had $20 mil in cap room.

Comment

In a word, No.

Comment

pats fan: no way. if we dont resign moss, ill be really mad. we have about 20 mill in cap space, yet the team does absolutely nothing to makes itself better, just worse. doesnt make sense

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

FA would be so much better without Franchise tags...

Comment

You'll find VERY few fans that will say they aren't happy with their free agency (except maybe Chiefs fans and Yoda). Ever player they sign is now suddenly the greatest player ever, and every player that leaves was overrated anyway.

That said, I'm actually still suprised we managed to keep Briggs at such a low cost. While I think Jerry was wrong in not franchising Berrian, having him for just one season at 8 mil may not have been the greatest idea after all. After seeing what he got from Minnesota I don't think we ever would have resigned him.

So, long story short, if we can get Bryant Johnson or D.J. Hackett I'll be happy. Otherwise I'm pretty meh. We definately cut the right vets though. Moose and Fred Miller should have been cut last year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Sure, because I was hoping the Titans wouldn't buckle and sign an average player to a huge deal because he is the best free agent as his position available, and they didn't do that (and hopefully won't, *cough* DJ Hackett *cough*).

I think if you look carefully, you'll notice the teams paying big dollars and being quite active - 49ers, Vikings, even to an extent the Eagles and Jaguars - all have coaching and FO's who are feeling the heat and need to do something soon or they could be without a job. So it's a win-win situation for them; why not spend whatever it takes, if it doesn't work out chances are they won't be around to clean it up anyway.

I think the Browns and their staff are the only team with some significant job security who have been aggressive. Perhaps the Bills too. Not sure about Payton's security in NO but after last year it could be getting warm for him.
                                Last edited by OzTitan; 03-02-2008, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information