Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you happy with your teams Free Agency (so far)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you happy with your teams Free Agency (so far)?

Are you happy with who your team has signed so far? And, if your team hasn't signed anyone, are you happy with the inactivity?

So far, im ok with the 49ers FA. They signed a bunch of cheap depth players (J.T. O'Sullivan, Dontarrius Thomas, Deshaun Foster, Allen Rossum) who aren't even guaranteed to make the roster but will at least provide competition to the starters or backups. I'm indifferent to these signins.

They also made 2 big signings- Isaac Bruce (2 years, 6 million, guaranteed money unkown) and Justin Smith (6 years, 45 million, 20 million guaranteed). Im fine with the Bruce signing as he knows the scheme, but the smith signing is very risky as he is a 4-3 end coming to play 3-4 DE. He also isn't a playmaker- not a bad thing as long as he executes his assignments, but not worth $20 million guaranteed IMO. I hated the signing when i first heard of it but now i am just indifferent.

Anyways those are my thoughts on my teams FA...what do you think about your teams FA?
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-02-2008, 08:08 PM.

Two words: Hell no.

Comment

I am happy with what the browns have done except for the Derek Anderson resigning. He would could have traded him than this off season would have been perfect.
      Go Dodgers, Browns, and Saints.
      Dodgers will miss Eric Gagne. We should have taken the risk

Comment

Bills signed....
        -Kawika Mitchell
        -Spencer Johnson

Traded for....
        -Marcus Stroud

Yes, I am happy with our FA so far.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Ya the Bears cut the fat and brought back Briggs. I hope we add another player or 2 but at least we didn't give 42 mil for Berrian.

Comment

At first i was very disappointed in the Giants Free Agency so far but after seeing the absurd contract Wilson was given, im glad we did not sign him to that because he is not as great as the contract says. All of them are replaceable, it hurts a little, but they are replaceable.

I have complete faith in what ever our GM Jerry Reese does and does not do in FA and in the draft so im not that worried any more

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Not at all (Rams)

Comment

The answer is yes. Improved secondary, improved passing game...good so far.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen
                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Jets: ABSOLUTELY!

Comment

Yes very.

We've resigned Collins and Suisham. We're probably going to push for D.J. Hackett, who should come fairly cheap. Will Demps has been brought in for a look, who would be a nice cheap signing. There could always be a late trade to Cinci for Chad, which I'd have mixed feelings about, depending on the deal.

I expect us to be more active around Wednesday-Thursday.

Comment

titans yes...we have made a solid signing with alge crumpler IMO, we will likely go after some second tier guys in the coming weeks and we havent lost any players that cant be replaced

Comment

I am very happy with what the Vikings have done. They addressed two of their biggest needs and still have plenty of cap room left.

Comment

As a Chiefs fan? No, but I guess I didn't expect us to grab any of the big name players anyway.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                            Bills signed....
                            -Kawika Mitchell
                            -Spencer Johnson

Traded for....
                            -Marcus Stroud

Yes, I am happy with our FA so far.
                            Plus Bryant Johnson and Ben Troupe tomorrow?

Comment

Signings:
                              CB Drayton Florence (upgrades the secondary)
                              WR Jerry Porter (expected to come in and produce...upgrade)
                              WR Troy Williamson (gives us the world class speed that we didn't have before)
                              QB Cleo Lemon (capable backup to Garrard, experience, strengthens the position)

Traded:
                              Marcus Stroud for a 3rd and a 5th round draft selection...(gives us more ammo to move up in the first round if we want, we get great compensation for an aging, oft-injured DT who hasn't had more than three sacks in a season the past three seasons...)

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information