X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears give Lovie a new contract

Bears | L. Smith receives five-year deal
    Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:51:34 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith has agreed to a new five-year contract with the team. The new deal gives Smith a major raise in pay, but exact terms were not disclosed. The team is expected to announce the deal Thursday, March 1.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

'bout time.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

See...and everyone was pooping out their mouths over this.

It's not a big deal, it's never been a big deal, and it wouldn't have been a big deal untill September. It was just something for the media to talk about at a time when there is nothing else.

Glad to see the deal get done, and I'm glad that it was five years, I fully expect Lovie to be here for at least those next five.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Good move.

Comment

good he is a really good coach and deserved to get a new contract

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

ANNNNNND the BEST part is that Jerry Angelo (aka Jesus in a Suit) got an extension untill 2013. Jerry Angelo should be the GM for life as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Excellent news.

I wasn't sure the deal would get done, and was planning on seeing Smith in Giants' blue a year from now. But it's Bears' Blue for Lovie Smith, as it should be.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Per Glazer, the deal is worth $22.5 million over four years, which works out to an average of $5.5 million per year. It's unclear whether and to what extent Smith received a raise over his $1.45 million salary for 2007.
                Because this is techincally a contract extension, and PFT.com is full of morons, the $ per year equals out to about $4.8 million per year because it is an additive onto the last year of his deal. Rumors were that the Bears wanted 4 and Lovie wanted 5, glad to see both sides nudged a little.

Comment

Very glad to see this, Lovie's one of the best in the business and he deserves to be payed accordingly.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
                  Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

The Bears finally gave this man the money and credit he diserves

Comment

Originally posted by 49erfaithful View Post
                      The Bears finally gave this man the money and credit he diserves
                      They never didn't give him the credit he deserves. The contract he got back in 2004 was fair value for a guy with no head coaching experience. Once he produced they gave him his money. This was and always has been a media creation. It's nothing.

Comment

Phillips you are now on my good side again!

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

about time damn.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

about his time he got paid what he deserved

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                              See...and everyone was pooping out their mouths over this.

It's not a big deal, it's never been a big deal, and it wouldn't have been a big deal untill September. It was just something for the media to talk about at a time when there is nothing else.

Glad to see the deal get done, and I'm glad that it was five years, I fully expect Lovie to be here for at least those next five.
                              Damn, looks like you guys are gonna be doomed in Cover 2 suckdom for a long time....

.....jk

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information