Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Da Bears. Bring on the draft.

Comment

wow all 3 teams in the north run the cover 2, if we design our offence to beat that scheme we might get into the playoffs every year.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
        wow all 3 teams in the north run the cover 2, if we design our offence to beat that scheme we might get into the playoffs every year.
        Ironically, the Packers run the WCO....the offense that the Cover 2 is designed to beat.

Comment

yea the organization is going downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

ANNNNNND the BEST part is that Jerry Angelo (aka Jesus in a Suit) got an extension untill 2013. Jerry Angelo should be the GM for life as far as I'm concerned.
            Were'nt there groups which lobbied to fire Jerry Angelo just last offseason? Bears fans seriously wanted his head because he didn't make many moves in Free Agency.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Ironically, the Packers run the WCO....the offense that the Cover 2 is designed to beat.
              Which is part of the reason why the Bears hired Lovie in the first place, his record against the Packers while at Tampa and St.Louis.

So far so good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                Were'nt there groups which lobbied to fire Jerry Angelo just last offseason? Bears fans seriously wanted his head because he didn't make many moves in Free Agency.
                I know of no such groups, but it wouldn't shock me. There is a site promoting the firing of Angelo, but now it's almost never updated (suprise suprise) and when it is it's always positive stuff now. I ******* hate those idiots.

Comment

Which is part of the reason why the Bears hired Lovie in the first place, his record against the Packers while at Tampa and St.Louis.

So far so good.
                  It really was a match made in heaven. The best piece of your defense, Brian Urlacher, is built for the Cover 2. He's the perfect Cover 2 ILB. You had a good speedy end and upgraded the other end position in FA. All you needed was a Tommie Harris to make it click, and that was done.

The only negative is the wear and tear of the SS position in this scheme has really taken its toll on Mike Brown. I think with the safety depth in this draft, that can be fixed quickly.

I think every Cover 2 team should have solid depth at the SS position. Its too instrumental of a position in that scheme to have poor depth in. Especially since its rather common for your SS to get injured over the course of a 16 game season.

Comment

I know of no such groups, but it wouldn't shock me. There is a site promoting the firing of Angelo, but now it's almost never updated (suprise suprise) and when it is it's always positive stuff now. I ******* hate those idiots.
                    Yes, that's what it was, a website. I think a user had it in his sig last year, with a sig saying "Fire Angelo" to compliment it. He's probably eating alot of crow right now.

Comment

Wow, this is awesome. I saw it one FOX news and did a cute little jump for joy. Me love Lovie long time

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

This got blown out of proportion because people don't understand how negotiation works.

And I love Jerry Angelo AND Ted Thompson, by the way (two GMs who took a lot of heat from their fanbases early in their tenure).

Comment

Thank God. Lovie deserves every cent of it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            Yes, that's what it was, a website. I think a user had it in his sig last year, with a sig saying "Fire Angelo" to compliment it. He's probably eating alot of crow right now.
                            That was Dafan, he wasn't mad about the lack of FA activity, he was mad cause he didn't like the draft.

Devin Hester and Mark Anderson pretty much made him hide in a corner somewhere.

Comment

finally Chicago, if they did not step up their franchise would be heading in the wrong direction by not giving their coach what he deserves.
                              Props to Lovie Smith good things come to those who wait

Comment

That was Dafan, he wasn't mad about the lack of FA activity, he was mad cause he didn't like the draft.

Devin Hester and Mark Anderson pretty much made him hide in a corner somewhere.
                                Haha, yeah a Pro Bowler and the runner up to rookie defensive player of the year is an awful draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information