No announcement yet.

Quarterbacks and the Wonderlic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didnt Dan Marino get one of the lowest scores ever? So it had to be out back then in the early 80's, I still remember some people bringing that up as to why it doesnt mean all that much, guys with some of the highest scores never get off the bench.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

i think when doing this you really need to only consider the guys in the first 3 rounds of the draft, because after that point, quarterbacks aren't really looked at to be starters. Talent is obviously a huge factor in this equation, i don't care how high your score is if you have no talent.

In theory, the QBs who go in the first three rounds have the most talent

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

I believe both Dan Marino got a 13; Steve McNair got a 15, IIRC.

I've always thought of the Wonderlic for QB's as being similar to the 40 for other players. A player's performance in the 40 does little to indicate what kind of football player he'll be. It's not without merit, but it's greatly overrated, IMO. Same goes for the Wonderlic. It's nothing more than a small piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
          Chad Pennington 73
          Really? I mean the guy is in the NFL because of his decision making and accuracy. He is known as an intelligent QB.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
            That's just as subjective as grading each quarterback individually...
            sure. but you can tweak with said formula to basically put your list with quantitative results.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

why don't they just look at GPA's and Graduation rates instead of the wonderlic?
              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                hahaha Chris Leak scored an 8,....no wonder he sucks..
                OMG I NOEEE!!!! JIM KELLY AND DAN MARINO EACH SCORED 15's, NO WUNDER THEY ARE SO BAD!!11

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                  why don't they just look at GPA's and Graduation rates instead of the wonderlic?
                  Yeah I was wondering the same thing. On the other hand that'd make Alex Smith the greatest QB ever.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information