No announcement yet.

Robertson may go to the Bengals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree toon, I was a massive advocate of 3-4 in part to our lack of a DT. I'm still concerned about LB depth.

We've got Odell/Pollack who haven't played for two years, Brooks is still recovering, Henderson has played 3 preseason games at LB and Jeanty is solid but injury prone. We're fine on talent but that won't do you any good if they can't take the field.

There's question about either scheme at this point, I think we could generate a better pass rush in the 3-4 (not saying much really).

Really don't know how Robertson would figure into any 3-4 plans, clearly seems it didn't work out that well in New York or else they wouldn't be trading him. Perhaps they're getting Robertson in order to have a known commodity at a low cost instead of via the draft.

Fanene-Rucker / Robertson / Peko could still be a decent starting point for a 3-4 Dline in my eyes. Geathers - Thurman - Brooks - Jeanty/Henderson as the current LB core void of draft picks. Maybe move Robertson to DE? Either way Peko or him would be a huge 3-4 DE.

The thing that gets me is letting Landon Johnson walk, he won't get a massive contract like Madieu... He's a VERY solid role player, not that injury prone and can play multiple spots. He's an average player but you need guys like him for depth, he always ends up leading us in tackles because he's the LB that doesn't get hurt. If they're letting him walk I'd have to hope it's because we're going to the 3-4.

Comment

I worry that the thinking in Cincinnati is something along the lines of

a) Dewayne has played in the 3-4
      b) Dewayne was okay as a 3-4 NT

If I had to play Dewayne in the 3-4, it would be at end, but even there, it isn't a great fit. I mean, I think Fanene could be a better 3-4 fit than Dewayne.

It seems like you are expecting John Thornton to be out? If that's the case, I'd go with Fanene-Peko-Robertson (I think Peko's the best NT option, and I think he could do well there).

In the draft, my guess would still be Harvey there. If it is Harvey, I would go with Harvey/Geathers/Henderson on the outside, and I would slide Jeanty in to compete with Brooks and Thurman. Whatever you get from Pollack would be a bonus. I'd target DT/RB in the 2nd/3rd. If you can trade down in the first to third, that'd be great. Recoup some picks, allowing you to try and build up some DL depth.

Comment

Another one bites the dust for my hopes of a potential Titan.

Comment

Great job by the Bengals.

Rogers is overweight and doesn't play to his level. Robertsons value dropped being inside a 3-4. He was drafted to be a monster 3-tech and thats exactly what they're going to use him for.

Great move by Cincy.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

double post.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Got to hand it to Cinnci... They needed help on the Dline and they have been agressive and went out and greatly imporved there DT position. As people have said before he would not fit in a 3-4 scheme so it looks like they are most lilkely will be going 4-3. I am not a fan of the 4-3 much more of a 3-4 guy but they have some good DT's now they might as well use them.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                So, why do they need Robertson?
                Uhm, because our D-line is a sieve.
                Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                  This feels like a "We missed, so we'll try again" move, which isn't always a bad thing. Except ... what happens to the talks about them going to a 3-4? Robertson definitely isn't a top 3-4 fit, as the last couple years have shown. Now, if they keep a 4-3, sure, having Robertson inside with Fanene/Peko/Thornton could give them a solid rotation.

This pick could be a big boon ... we'll have to see what happens. Although this does seem to point to an edge guy at 9. That said, they do have Eric Henderson and Rashad Jeanty, along with Robert Geathers at 9. so they do have some flexibility in the first, and like almost every team in the first, may look to deal down to recoup some lost picks.

I still wouldn't be shocked if they considered RB at 9.
                  me either, I'm anticipating either Harvey, Dorsey, McFadden (even though I think he's going to the Raiders) or Clady with that number nine pick.
                  Doesn't matter if it is all fat, if he can move better covered in fat, more power to him. SAINTS-TIGERS

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY

Comment

helps to clear some cap room for the Jets, which is very nice. He wasn't the long-term answer here

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

So are the Jets switching schemes too?
                      What's yalls plan for the middle of the D?
                      Bring Wesley Woodyard back home Tom.

Comment

Sounds like this trade isn't complete as the agent said Robertson and the Bengals weren't close to a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by FizzyFalcons View Post
                          So are the Jets switching schemes too?
                          What's yalls plan for the middle of the D?
                          Kris Jenkins.

Comment

ya this isn't a done deal yet according to the bengals site. hopefully they take care of this one, would be disappointing to have another one get away from us. Looks like we are talking with antwan odom too.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                            Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...-ready-to.html

Yup, there is the proof, not done.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Robertson is a steady DT, I was impressed with him in past seasons. I like him alot more than Rodgers.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information