Ben Roethlisberger signs extension?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Meh, that's a lot of dough to tie up to a guy that hasn't really proven he can put a team on his shoulders and lead them. I mean, he had a good year last year, definitely a progress, but that's Peyton Manning and Tom Brady money... and he's not even close to that level yet.

Take what I say with a grain of salt if you will, I am more then willing to throw out the fact that I just don't like this guy. I just don't see it. I think he's... OK. He does what he's asked to do. I'm just glad it isn't my team giving him that much money. I mean, he was part of a Super Bowl winner, so he's obviously doing something right, but meh...
    Please. Not close to that level? He doesn't have the team that Manning has. Last year he finished second to only Brady in QB Rating.

2005 he finished 3rd in the QB Rating only behind Brady and Manning.
    2004 he finished 5th in the QB Rating.

If anyone would watch the games they would see he's really the only reason we were 8-8.

I don't think Tom Brady would've handled that team past 8-8.

Know why? Re-Watch the Superbowl and thats what Ben goes through every week.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I don't think you're going to find a single non-Steelers fan that will put Big Ben in Brady-Manning territory. I wouldn't even put him in Carson Palmer territory.

But hey..it's the way it goes. Better to keep a good quarterback for too much money than be the Bears and spend 80 years looking for one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
        Know why? Re-Watch the Superbowl and thats what Ben goes through every week.
        you could have just said look at your sig lol

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          I don't think you're going to find a single non-Steelers fan that will put Big Ben in Brady-Manning territory. I wouldn't even put him in Carson Palmer territory.

But hey..it's the way it goes. Better to keep a good quarterback for too much money than be the Bears and spend 80 years looking for one.
          yeah, he's not in that elite class but he's close and has proven he can win games and that's all that matters.

Great point with the Bears. You can never be sure with QBs. You know what you're getting with Big Ben. Possibly a bit overpaid but you know what you're getting the next 8 years barring injury.
          JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

People can knock the move and call it too pricey, but if he was my qb id want to lock him up too, ahead of time at that...The market is crazy right now, prices go up every off season, if you have a franchise qb that has already won you a super bowl within 3 years managing the game and not losing it, as well as this year showing he can open up the offense and be a gun slinger and throw 5 tds in one half out of the spread, he's big and tough to bring down, deceptive speed, great leader, you can argue all day where he ranks with the present day qbs but he's a franchise guy and its a smart move.

The Steelers dont grab alot of FA's anyway, they have the cap room to manage this deal now, why not do it now instead of waiting until its a contract year and your cap is not as manageable.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              People can knock the move and call it too pricey, but if he was my qb id want to lock him up too, ahead of time at that...The market is crazy right now, prices go up every off season, if you have a franchise qb that has already won you a super bowl within 3 years managing the game and not losing it, as well as this year showing he can open up the offense and be a gun slinger and throw 5 tds in one half out of the spread, he's big and tough to bring down, deceptive speed, great leader, you can argue all day where he ranks with the present day qbs but he's a franchise guy and its a smart move.

The Steelers dont grab alot of FA's anyway, they have the cap room to manage this deal now, why not do it now instead of waiting until its a contract year and your cap is not as manageable.
              another thing too, i dont know when he was scheduled to become a FA, but what if the whole "uncapped" thing does go through in a few years? If that does happen Big Ben at 13 mil. a year could be an absolute bargain.
              JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Pray Big Ben does not get hurt.

$36 million guaranteed is a lot more money than most of you think, even with the increased cap.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

If he gets hurt they're pretty ****** either way.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

If he gets hurt they're pretty ****** either way.
                    If he gets hurt...they don't have a dime to allocate their money to strengthen other spots.

I honestly hope we don't shell out over $30 million for ANY player.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I think with this kind of money put into him, most of this draft will be grabbing lineman to protect him for the very reason of him running for his life on 70-80% of the passing offensive snaps. hope he doesn't get hurt. he is a pretty big guy though. and obviously tough.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

He is not in Brady-Manning territory, I'll give you that. But not in Carson Palmer territory? You obviously don't watch Big Ben play enough. Those that see him play more often than you do, know he's got that "it" factor that Carson doesn't have - Ben's a gamer, a winner, and leaves it all on the field.

Comment

Big ben is one of my favorites quarterback, and i thnk it was a good move by the steelers, locking up a franchise player only getting better every year. Having a quarterback locked up, and building up a team around him, only thing is like bearfan said hopefully he doesnt get seriously hurt, but overall good sign for steelers

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                            If he gets hurt...they don't have a dime to allocate their money to strengthen other spots.

I honestly hope we don't shell out over $30 million for ANY player.
                            So if your franchise qb expects that because thats where the market is, you just scrap him in the middle of his 20's for cap room? I gotta feeling Eli will be receiving a contract very similiar, and no one will be complaining about overpaying.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

as a Steeler fan i have watched us go through "slash", Mike Tomzack, Neal "paid off" O'donnell, Tommy Maddox, and others ever since Terry Bradshaw left and we have won the most game of any NFL team for decades with these no names, and now we have an elite franchise QB.......i do not care what they pay him as long as we keep him. he has won us a super bowl, set a record for win to start a career that no one will EVER break (he won 14 straight to start his career) he set a team record for TD's and now that Cowher is gone and they let him open up the O he proved he could do anything that any other QB can do......so i am happy and do not think he is over paid and i think he will get even better. so we are set for a long time and he even wants to retire as a Steeler so we have a GREAT QB for years to come.

Matthew 19:26
                              Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information