Ben Roethlisberger signs extension?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Roethlisberger signs extension?

On Monday, March 3, 2008 Ben Roethlisberger will announce he signed a new contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The contract is major - 8 years, $102 million, with $36 million guaranteed.
    http://somekidsfromohio.com/v2/

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7866918?MSNHPHMA

The site isnt the most credible but it says that an announcement will come sometime during the 3rd....so if an announcement doesnt happen it can be locked. Just thought id throw the rumor out there.

EDIT- Added link

Could a mod change the title? Just to take out the ? mark.
    Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 03-03-2008, 01:46 PM.

Way bigger than I expected it to be. I like the 8 years though

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Holy **** those are BIG numbers.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

^ Ye Ben has said that he wants to retire as a Steeler, so he prolly asked for a "long term" deal! I know it seems expensive now, but if we waited untill next year, players prices will have shot up again, and he would have cost a good deal more IMO.

Comment

Ya those are much bigger what I exspected. I would say he desererves it though. Hopefully he can stay healthy. This should make the Steelers fans pretty happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
            ^ Ye Ben has said that he wants to retire as a Steeler, so he prolly asked for a "long term" deal! I know it seems expensive now, but if we waited untill next year, players prices will have shot up again, and he would have cost a good deal more IMO.
            You cant really put a price on a franchise QB. I say its a good thing they locked him up long term.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

Meh, that's a lot of dough to tie up to a guy that hasn't really proven he can put a team on his shoulders and lead them. I mean, he had a good year last year, definitely a progress, but that's Peyton Manning and Tom Brady money... and he's not even close to that level yet.

Take what I say with a grain of salt if you will, I am more then willing to throw out the fact that I just don't like this guy. I just don't see it. I think he's... OK. He does what he's asked to do. I'm just glad it isn't my team giving him that much money. I mean, he was part of a Super Bowl winner, so he's obviously doing something right, but meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Meta4 View Post
                You cant really put a price on a franchise QB. I say its a good thing they locked him up long term.
                Looking at 2004 QB class, Ben is in my eyes the best QB. Already won a SB, and is a leader on that offense. It's hard to find a 4 year NFL player with such a expirience.

Now it's time for Steelers to give him much needed OL help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                  Meh, that's a lot of dough to tie up to a guy that hasn't really proven he can put a team on his shoulders and lead them. I mean, he had a good year last year, definitely a progress, but that's Peyton Manning and Tom Brady money... and he's not even close to that level yet.

Take what I say with a grain of salt if you will, I am more then willing to throw out the fact that I just don't like this guy. I just don't see it. I think he's... OK. He does what he's asked to do. I'm just glad it isn't my team giving him that much money. I mean, he was part of a Super Bowl winner, so he's obviously doing something right, but meh...
                  Well, Ben had to deal with a awfull Steelers OL troughout 2007, taking that into account, i think his numbers are very good. Santonio was injured during a season too. Yes, it's a bit too much money, i agree.

Comment

Schefter is on the radio right now with WEEI in Boston and he just stopped talking for a second and said "the Roethlisberger deal just came over my Blackberry, it's confirmed, 102 million."

And if he said it, it's gospel...

Comment

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7866918?MSNHPHMA
                      That is A LOT of money.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Alot of money, but like someone else said, you cant put a price on a franchise QB like Roethlisberger. He has already won the SB, put up great stats last year. He should be hitting his prime soon, and he is going to be dangerous. I think the contract he got is well justified. Plus, the size of contracts continue to go up and up. Looking to the future, this isnt a bad price.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

As a Steelers fan, I'm mega-happy. We lock him up for awhile. He is continuing to improve, which is a good thing, and if not for our shady O-line, he would have had an even better year. I'm excited.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

double post sorry
                            Last edited by The Legend; 03-03-2008, 01:03 PM.

Comment

is he the most paid? player
                              Manning got 7yrs 99 Million

edit nope
                              Manning $14Mill, Big Ben 13.5

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information