Best and Worst offseasons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst offseasons?

Which teams are having the best and worst offseasons?

Best- Colts

Although teams like the vikings and browns added many new players, it doesnt make it the best offseason (think 49ers 07). But the colts havent signed any Free Agents. So why the Colts?

They're keeping their core players. They managed to re-sign Dallas Clark and Ryan Lilja, two core starters on the offense. They also haven't lost anyone significant in FA. Sometimes, just keeping your core players intact is the best thing you can do this time of year.

Worst- Raiders

They give $34 million dollars combined in guarantees to Tommy Kelly and Gibril Wilson. I understand you have to overpay but this is a lot of guaranteed money for two average starters. It makes me wonder how much guys like Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard are going to command?

I also thought about putting the Browns/Jets as worst, but i decided not to. I think their moves are really boom/bust type moves with a lot of risk but then there is a lot of upside as well.

Anyways thats my thoughts. What are yours?

It is waaaaaayyyy to early to declare whos had the best and worst offseason's.

Comment

I like what NYJ has done. If they draft a RB they could have a 2007 Vikings esque emergent running game. Not the best, just wanted to throw it out there.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
        It is waaaaaayyyy to early to declare whos had the best and worst offseason's.
        meh, not a whole lot more is going to happen between now and the draft, and 95% of what we talk about during the offseason is pure speculation anyway.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          meh, not a whole lot more is going to happen between now and the draft, and 95% of what we talk about during the offseason is pure speculation anyway.
          Its still impossible to tell who's had good and bad offseasons considering FA just started, and the draft hasnt even went down.

Comment

best - Redskins, becuase they didnt sign any big names and saved money

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
              WOO.

We won the offseason, the right way, this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                Lol yeah, we have made zero signings, furthermore we haven't even scheduled a single free agent visit. We have made two moves, resigning Todd Collins and Sean Suisham. Just feels weird.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  WOO.

We won the offseason, the right way, this season.
                  Kinda sad:

WE DIDN'T SPEND A SH*TLOAD OF MONEY ON USELES PLAYERS!!! WOOOO

oh and I so far dislike the lions offseason, as we didn't manage to bring anyone back, and so far all we got was Leigh Bodden (which is good) and we failed to hang on to Damien Woody.

Did get rid of Shaun Rogers, which is a plus in my book.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

lol YEAH all the redskins fan agree with me

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                      Its still impossible to tell who's had good and bad offseasons considering FA just started, and the draft hasnt even went down.
                      Consider it the pre-draft addition.

Comment

WORST- Kansas City Chiefs
                        Maybe it is one of the best in the sense that we needed to completely rebuild a few years ago but stil it is very depressing to see us finally completely unload the roster and then completely ignore free agency despite having over $25 million in cap room. Our team is a complete mess and I think it will take a minimum of 3 offseasons (counting this one) to return to a respectable team. Hopefully by that time coach Herm Edwards and GM Carl Peterson will both be gone.

Comment

i'm going to get in on this redskins fans hi five session. *hi fives all around*

Comment

Its funny how all the bests are teams that didn't sign any big name guys.

Comment

I'll be a homer and say the Jaguars had the best Free Agency...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information