No announcement yet.

Jacob Bell signs with Rams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Bell coming into the NFL. He's done nothing short of expectations. Good pick up by the Rams.

Comment

Great addition by the Rams.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

From the article:
        Rams agreed to terms on a six-year contract with LG Jason Bell.
        He's likely getting about $4 million a year.
        I'll be quite surprised if that's the case. $4M/year seems quite reasonable for a starter of Bell's caliber....if that's all he was asking, I'd think the Titans would have hung onto him. I'm guessing it ends up being in the range of $5M+ /year. (Bell is a Drew Rosenhaus client, after all.....and the Shark don't do nothin' on a budget. ;) )

That said.....

This is an excellent signing for the Rams. As the others have mentioned, Bell's not going to maul anyone, but he's got excellent mobility, and is very good at getting to the second level and clearing out LB's. (Just don't let them try to move him to RT....Titans tried that for a couple weeks in '06. It wasn't pretty. ;) )

Comment

Its 11:13 p.m. on Monday, March 3rd, 2008 and the Rams still suck balls!

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
            Its 11:13 p.m. on Monday, March 3rd, 2008 and the Rams still suck balls!
            Patient.

Rams are not going to fix all their problems through free agency. This is a good signing, it's a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
              Patient.

Rams are not going to fix all their problems through free agency. This is a good signing, it's a step in the right direction.
              Signing Tony Banks and The Boz would be a step in the right direction. A step in the right direction would be canning Linehan and hiring someone that knows a frick about football.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                Honestly I think the Titans are losing a lot in free agency. Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy, Jacob Bell, Ben Hartsock,
                But hey, they picked up an aging injured tight end.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                  But hey, they picked up an aging injured tight end.
                  At the price we got him for in this market, Crumpler is definitely an upgrade over Hartsock, and Ben "No Hanz From Germany" Troupe.

Comment

I'll be honest I wanted him, but I'm happier with the cap space and Jeff King.

Comment

The cap space? 2yrs for $5M hardly registers on the cap total these days.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                        This could be a really telling move on their draft intentions as well. I like the move.
                        You could actually argue it either way.

A. It shows that they are serious about addressing the O-line, and will look to Jake Long.
                        B. It shows that they've added something to the O-line, and now there isn't really a place for Jake Long.

Personally, I'd suggest the latter. When there was a hole at OG, it could be argued (and was) that they could draft Long as a long-term replacement (forgive the inevitable pun) for Pace, and give him a year or two at OG until Pace retired. Now, there's no real hole at OG - though Long would, of course, be an upgrade - and he becomes something of a luxury, especially in comparison to their weakness on the D-line, which has not been addressed.
                        TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

6 years, $36M, $13M guaranteed with a $7M signing bonus. The Rams paid a pretty penny to get the guy they very much wanted.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                            6 years, $36M, $13M guaranteed with a $7M signing bonus. The Rams paid a pretty penny to get the guy they very much wanted.
                            Wow...that's a heck of alot.

Comment

Seems like a pretty reasonable price to me. Bell was essentially the #2 guard on the market, and the Rams got him at a price much closer to the deals Woody and Smiley got than what Faneca got from New York. I'm fine with that, especially since $6 million of the $13 million guaranteed is made up of his first two years of salary.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                                Signing Tony Banks and The Boz would be a step in the right direction. A step in the right direction would be canning Linehan and hiring someone that knows a frick about football.
                                Yea because Injuries had NOTHING to do with how bad the Rams were last year. The hole offensive line was a bunch of 2nd and 3rd string guys.

Granite Linehan did make some bad decisions through the season, theres no denying that. But give him a healthy team, let him learn from his mistakes before you throw him under the bus.

Signing Devaney, and Saunders were great moves this offseason. And it looks like he's learned he can't win by just signing FOSL's.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information