No announcement yet.

Which signing was the best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the Stroud to Bills move personally, but in terms of value it's got to be Briggs.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

For the price the Bears retained Briggs for I would say the Briggs signing was the best thus far.

THE PACK IS BACK!

Comment

I can't believe Cleveland gave Anderson that much in guarantees...but after this season it could be a very tradeable contract, which is probably what they were looking for, so in that sense, it could be the best overall signing. For overall value though, I'd have to go with either of the trades. Vilma and Stroud could make very large impacts on their new teams provided they come back at 100%.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
          No love for Tommy Kelly?
          lol i think that won the worsting signing
          Briggs or Asante, i went with Asante

Comment

Briggs for the money. Moss for the player.

Its real close between those 2. Briggs was a great move. And they got him for cheap. Moss is Moss. The greatest deep threat in NFL history. And he only got 3 mill more than Berrian's overrated ass.

Id give a slight edge to Moss, because i think he impacts the game more than Briggs does, but its close.

Comment

The Bears got one of the best LB's in all of football for $6 million per year. I think it's easily Briggs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Briggs for the money. Moss for the player.

Its real close between those 2. Briggs was a great move. And they got him for cheap. Moss is Moss. The greatest deep threat in NFL history. And he only got 3 mill more than Berrian's overrated ass.

Id give a slight edge to Moss, because i think he impacts the game more than Briggs does, but its close.
                I don't think there's any question about that. Briggs isn't even the most important linebacker on our team.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

For the team: Derek Anderson. Where would each of these teams be without the guy they signed? Derek Anderson broke a tradition of losing in Cleveland. Pats still win their division without Moss (and when did $9 million a year seem a reasonable price and the player not getting PAID!), Briggs played last year and the Bears still had a losing record, maybe Samuel will change things for the Eagles, but not sure if CB was why they had a losing year. Vilma to the Saints is a big impact for that defense. Faneca to the Jets could have the same effect that Joe Thomas to the Browns had for that O-line. Thomas to the Falcons doesn't seem to be a vast improvement over the RBs they had, though maybe he's better to the new system.

Best signing for the player is obviously Tommie Kelly. WTF is Al Davis thinking?
                  The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    I don't think there's any question about that. Briggs isn't even the most important linebacker on our team.
                    You still stole him though. Im shocked at that contract. With everyone throwing money at bumbs, the one real good player available on the market gets lowballed compared to everyone else.

Comment

That's because NFL teams don't appreciate tackling anymore. Briggs can't rush the passer, and apparently just being a good tackler with great ball skills and instincts isn't enough to get paid in the NFL anymore.

Calvin Pace, of all 6 1/2 career sacks Calvin Pace, can get 20+ in guarantees. It's ridiculous, and I really hope more teams go to the 3-4 because it's making all of the great 4-3 talent cheap as hell.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information