Brett Favre is going to retire today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favre 4ever

Even though this has been coming for years, it's still extremely sad for me. I think I'm gonna go down some painkillers and cry in a beer as a tribute, and to you know, kill the pain. :(
    Originally posted by njx9
    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

They should skip his wait and put him right in the Hall Of Fame. Sorry Packer fans, I know it is going to be an adjustment. He sure gave you a hell of a run.

Comment

Awww.....damn it Brett, I was just starting to appreciate you too. Well now I guess it's time to move on to Aaron Rodgers and his questionally waxed eyebrows.

Probably best for all, Rodgers deserves his chance and Favre really has nothing left to do in the NFL anyway.

*cheers*

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
          Whats the ideal way to end it though? Would you rather it be him kneeling 3 straight times? Him throwing the pick is nothing to be ashamed of. He went down swinging, ya know? He went down fighting. He seems like the kind to say "I aint leaving without a fight..." well, there ya go. Its not always gonna be a Super Bowl and an MVP your last season.
          ya true but i would have liked to have seen him end it winning

Comment

Sad to see him go. He was the Packers. I think the entire Green Bay area is in a state of mourning today. I hope for Rodgers sake he plays great, because if he doesn't, the fans will turn on him quickly.

Comment

I almost feel bad for Rodgers having to go into that situation. You have to replace an all time great QB in a football town on a team that had every chance to win the NFC title and go to the Super Bowl. Talk about pressure...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

On another note, this information likely would have been pretty valuable for the Packers say, a week ago. I just don't see Ingle Martin as a legit #2 behind an already unproven quarterback. Quarterback could be a round #3, maybe even a late #2 round need.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                  I almost feel bad for Rodgers having to go into that situation. You have to replace an all time great QB in a football town on a team that had every chance to win the NFC title and go to the Super Bowl. Talk about pressure...
                  yup. he did play well though against the Cowboys. if he's not ready now, he'll never be ready. he is in a great situation as far as talent around him goes, so we'll see what he can do.

i honestly wasn't that big on him or smith coming out, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong, for his sake.

Comment

That's funny, they don't even have the friggin beta site up now on Packers.com. They probably did it before just to get all of the fan suicides out of the way.

Comment

I think Rodgers will do fine. He just has no prayer of ever living up to the expectations of that fan base. It is unfortunate for him. I like Rodgers as an option, both in fantasy and in real life. I think he will be a good QB. Just need more time to see where he actually stands.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                        Yea it's never easy replacing a legend. He's had plenty of time to learn the offense and watch Brett though, so if he's gonna succeed he's been well prepared for it.

Man, besides a few terrible years with Don Majkowski almost my whole football life has included Brett. It's gonna be strange with him gone.
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

How about #4 calling it a day on the 4th?

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                            Yea it's never easy replacing a legend. He's had plenty of time to learn the offense and watch Brett though, so if he's gonna succeed he's been well prepared for it.

Man, besides a few terrible years with Don Majkowski almost my whole football life has included Brett. It's gonna be strange with him gone.

oh thanks man lol, that means alot

but i think if the Packers win the fan will be happy
                            and if he shows talent fan maybe a bit easyer on him

Comment

Well I figured my 19th birthday would be a very joyful one when I woke up this morning, but now it's a day to remember one of the best ever to play his position. Ever since I can remember the only QB I have ever seen start a game for my Packers is #4. Now it is Aaaron Rodgers turn. If he can do what he did against Dallas I will be very satisfied with him, but he will never be able to replace #4. God Bless Brett!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                                How about #4 calling it a day on the 4th?

:)
                                Well, he could have waited a month, for 4/4...
                                TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information