Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Favre is going to retire today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    i cant stop crying......
    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
      Well, he could have waited a month, for 4/4...
      Or done it 4 years ago, on 4/4/04.


      The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

      If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

      <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        On another note, this information likely would have been pretty valuable for the Packers say, a week ago. I just don't see Ingle Martin as a legit #2 behind an already unproven quarterback. Quarterback could be a round #3, maybe even a late #2 round need.
        Ingle Martin is long gone.

        and, what would they have done? broken the bank for Derek Anderson. wasn't much done in QBland in the first few days of free agency. i really don't think the Packers missed any chances...and if you mean the combine, i dunno...they already have their unproven guy...they're gonna need some veteren help too. i don't QB is a big need in the 2008 draft.

        Comment


        • #64
          The Packers should give a look to JDB in the draft


          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

          Comment


          • #65
            I think they could have signed a guy like Josh McCown or Cleo Lemon, hell they could have traded for Brian Griese if Angelo wanted to make a deal with the Packers.

            Not a big deal but it looks like they are staring at two unproven quarterbacks or maybe a guy like Daunte Culpepper, Kelly Holcomb, or maybe even Mark Brunell.


            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by drowe View Post
              Ingle Martin is long gone.

              and, what would they have done? broken the bank for Derek Anderson. wasn't much done in QBland in the first few days of free agency. i really don't think the Packers missed any chances...and if you mean the combine, i dunno...they already have their unproven guy...they're gonna need some veteren help too. i don't QB is a big need in the 2008 draft.
              Trent Green is still out there for a veteran backup. I know the Giants are interested in him but have some questions about his arm strength holding up in the windy Meadowlands. I'd imagine that wouldn't fare well in Green Bay either.

              There really wasn't a ton of veteran guys out there. Who else is on the Green Bay roster at QB?

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                The Packers should give a look to JDB in the draft
                Yeah I was actually thinking that. Late 2nd might be a bit too early, but they could probably trade back like they always do to the mid 3rd.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • #68

                  **** this.

                  What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                  they get smoked.

                  2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                  Hint:Not the Bears.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Trent Green is still out there for a veteran backup. I know the Giants are interested in him but have some questions about his arm strength holding up in the windy Meadowlands. I'd imagine that wouldn't fare well in Green Bay either.

                    There really wasn't a ton of veteran guys out there. Who else is on the Green Bay roster at QB?
                    well according to our website, Craig Nall is still on the roster...
                    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by EvilMonkey View Post
                      well according to our website, Craig Nall is still on the roster...
                      nobody actually Nail is a free agent

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post

                        **** this.
                        good call. on sunday i went on a brewery tour and bought a nice bottle of 2 year old barley wine from the brewery. i was trying to think of the right occasion to drink it...and this might be it.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I wonder if them not going after Moss had anything to do with his retirement. He was pushing awfully hard for him just yesterday. Now how do you go from that, to all of a sudden retiring? Hmmmmm.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            I wonder if them not going after Moss had anything to do with his retirement. He was pushing awfully hard for him just yesterday. Now how do you go from that, to all of a sudden retiring? Hmmmmm.

                            yeap thats what i said to be honest i think it would have made him come back but the packers were not willing to

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              As was mentioned on the news sites, Favre's wife told him to come back to win another ring. Without a threat like Moss, Favre obviously felt like the team couldn't definitely win, so he couldn't deal with the grind of another season. Hard to really blame him after 17 years in the NFL...



                              I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                you think theres a chance he comes out of retirement like a week from now lol?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information