Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwame Harris to Oakland, Javon Walker to follow soon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Oakland certainly is pissing right through money this offseason...

Sure JaMarcus and Javon could be dangerous, but for that much? Hahaha...

Comment

Looking at it, there probably is room for Nnamdi still, but with Russell, Kelly, and now Walker all with what I believe has to be top 3-5 positional money and Harris and Fargas up there as well, it will be getting tight. Plus Morrison and Howard and Burgess will all probably be looking for new deals soon too.

If you can just put the dollars aside for a second though, I guess at least the Raiders are trying to do something. Call me crazy, but IMO the only thing worse than paying $55M to an injury prone WR is starting the season with no one but an aging and injury prone Curry and a 2nd year TE in Zach Miller for Russell to throw to. It's a lot of money, sure, but at least there's a chance Walker and Russell could really do some damage. It will hurt if it doesn't work out, but I guess at least this is a potentially high reward risk. I mean, for the money, the Berrian signing's potential pay off seems considerably less.

Although it's easier to see that positive angle as a fan of another team as I wouldn't and didn't want the Titans to take this approach for Young.

Comment

http://49ersnews.com/raider-nationenjoy/
        ahhahahhah rip jamarcus
        my quick smells like french toast

Comment

Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post

HAHA thats beautiful.

Comment

I can't imagine that Oakland feels comfortable going into the season with Harris at left tackle, so I'm hoping that isn't the end of the offensive tackle additions. The Walker deal is monstrous, more so than it should be, but I like the concept of the move.

The nice thing about all these contracts Oakland is handing out being front loaded is that it probably doesn't hurt a long term deal for Asomugha and it should limit the cap penalties the Raiders have to deal with down the line.

Comment

I posted that video hours ago.
              The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Someone needs to make one of those for Jacque Reeves, he's certainly deserving of a "low light".

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I thought Walker was fantastic in 2006 though. He was the Broncos offense that season.

If he can play in that form, that will be big for the Raiders.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Someone needs to make one of those for Jacque Reeves, he's certainly deserving of a "low light".

+ rep to anyone who makes a Troy Williamson one that I can post whenever a Jags fan makes a post about him.

Comment

I heard Javon will need micro-fracture surgery, but if they're paying him that much, I'd hope that isn't true.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post
                        Ouch... Kwame plays far too upright, he lunges, and it seems almost impossible for him to actually engage the defender.

I was ok with the Kwame Harris signing as long as it was at close to league minimum and no signing bonus. Perhaps incentive laden if he actually plays and performs. But $5 million per year? YIKES! For that piece of crap?

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          The Raiders are the Knicks of the NFL.
                          No they are now the Redskins of the AFC.

Comment

Many thanks for the working link of the Kwame Harris vid, nikka. I forgot how LOLtastic it was, kudos to whoever created it, they did a bang-up job.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              I thought Walker was fantastic in 2006 though. He was the Broncos offense that season.

If he can play in that form, that will be big for the Raiders.
                              And that's why I was ok with the Raiders pursuing Walker in the first place. I personally saw Walker tear up defenses single-handedly in 2006. And in 2004 for the Packers. But at this amount of money? He'd better show that he can be even better than his 2006 numbers.

And the Raiders had better hope that the cap truly gets nullified after this season otherwise they will be in cap hell. I think that's what Davis is banking on with these contracts though. (or maybe I hope...)

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

The Raiders have moved ahead of the Chiefs in the division for the short term but in the long run the Chiefs are actually building through the draft which is something Oakland refuses to do. Oakland will be better this year but in the long run they are doing nothing but signing older veterans to huge contracts that are going to hurt them.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information