Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwame Harris to Oakland, Javon Walker to follow soon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that's an even bigger deal for Walker than the one he got from Denver. If he's healthy he's gonna be a big help to Jamarcus but this guy has some great luck. Both times he's injured/has a bad year he gets a huge contract from the Broncos and now the Raiders. He will still be on the Broncos pay roll too.
    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
      The Raiders have moved ahead of the Chiefs in the division for the short term but in the long run the Chiefs are actually building through the draft which is something Oakland refuses to do. Oakland will be better this year but in the long run they are doing nothing but signing older veterans to huge contracts that are going to hurt them.
      I wouldn't say that they are "older veterans". They are veterans, yes, but not really on the old side--Javon Walker is the oldest and he's only 29. Wilson is 26, Kelly just turned 27, Kwame Harris is not quite 27. Let's not paint this like the FA signings of 2000-2002 when they added Rod Woodson, John Parrella, Trace Armstrong, Bill Romanowski and Jerry Rice at the end of their careers.

That said, they are banking on a lot of things going right--Wilson to continue to build off of his performance on the end season and postseason, Kelly and Walker to come back from injury, Walker to return to his game breaking form of 2004 and 2006 on top of his needed recovery, Kelly to actually realize his potential as a UT (so many players have praised him for his potential), and for Kwame Harris to look like anything but the crap that he's looked the last 4 years, to actually live up to his potential and tools that got him drafted #4 overall in 2003.

And if these things don't happen, the Raiders will be totally screwed. If the NFL actually gets rid of salary cap, they won't be that screwed though.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

The salary cap may not be here for 2010-2011, but I don't see how it goes for good. Too many owners would want it on any new CBA.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
          The salary cap may not be here for 2010-2011, but I don't see how it goes for good. Too many owners would want it on any new CBA.
          I truly believe what everyone has been saying though, that if the salary cap is gone for one year, it won't be back again. I don't think any of they players want it, and there is a large contingent of owners who don't want it--Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, apparently Al Davis, etc.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            I truly believe what everyone has been saying though, that if the salary cap is gone for one year, it won't be back again. I don't think any of they players want it, and there is a large contingent of owners who don't want it--Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, apparently Al Davis, etc.
            Large but I doubt overwhelming. That was just the NFLPA's trump card to pressure their modifications for the last extension. They said if it wasn't worked out before the capless 06-07 season they would never agree to a cap again. It was a threat. Would they actually do it? I don't know, but most owners would be against it, and I'd say media and public perception would be with the owners, particularly the collective fanbase and media amongst those teams that would be most adversely effected (and plenty from others who actually have a clue and appreciate fair competition and the NFL's world class cap system). I'm not really sure the NFLPA would make it an agenda for a new CBA honestly, it sounds like something they just can't win unless most owners agree (which, as said, I doubt. Even some with money wouldn't likely spend a lot of it so they'd still prefer a cap). I mean, the NFLPA has to yield on *some* thing, I think a cap is one of those things unless there is a shift in owner attitude.
            Last edited by OzTitan; 03-04-2008, 11:57 PM.

Comment

49er fans, tell us how you really feel, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                The Raiders have moved ahead of the Chiefs in the division for the short term but in the long run the Chiefs are actually building through the draft which is something Oakland refuses to do. Oakland will be better this year but in the long run they are doing nothing but signing older veterans to huge contracts that are going to hurt them.
                its to bad they have a sucky HC to ruin there development.

Id probably be pissed off about this, but seeing as how Ive been a Raider fan my whole entire life Im used to this **** happening.All I gotta say is these signings better work.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Is Robert Gallery going to be the tackle opposite Harris?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Harris probably wont be a tackle unless we move McQuistan back to G.
                    I think I saw a report that said Cable told Gallery hed be staying at G.
                    This leaves Mario Henderson as the only guy who could be LT for us.I actually wish we still had Sims.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                      Harris probably wont be a tackle unless we move McQuistan back to G.
                      I think I saw a report that said Cable told Gallery hed be staying at G.
                      This leaves Mario Henderson as the only guy who could be LT for us.I actually wish we still had Sims.
                      Hopefully we get Sam Baker or Ryan Clady to play LT....

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                        Hopefully we get Sam Baker or Ryan Clady to play LT....
                        I havent seen too many people give the Raiders a LT in a mock but it should be high up there on the list, the line isnt as bad as it was a few years ago, but Russel really should have a primiere LT in there instead of having to worry about getting hit every time he drops back, thats the fastest way to ruin his development.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Im just hoping that Hills falls to the 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by gdamac View Post
                            49er fans, tell us how you really feel, LOL!
                            you've changed your sig at least 4 times now.

Comment

Honestly, we're all ragging on Harris, and deservingly given his play at times ... but I actually feel sorry for the big lug now. I hope he does turn it around for the better in Oakland.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                Honestly, we're all ragging on Harris, and deservingly given his play at times ... but I actually feel sorry for the big lug now. I hope he does turn it around for the better in Oakland.
                                There are five million reasons (per year), I don't feel sorry for him. Is this what the NFL has become? Where players who are downright bad are getting tens of millions of dollars? This is the kind of thing I used to make fun of the NBA for.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information