Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kwame Harris to Oakland, Javon Walker to follow soon...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
    Haha! Gallery has had a couple sacks by himself, tripping his own QBs... If he's getting those sacks without even trying, imagine what he could do actually trying to get to the QB.




    What's the concensus among Raiders fans? Do they consider him a bust or still work in progress or what? I am going with the assumption that you're a raider fan, so correct me if I am wrong.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post




      What's the concensus among Raiders fans? Do they consider him a bust or still work in progress or what? I am going with the assumption that you're a raider fan, so correct me if I am wrong.
      A lot of people consider him a bust and want to dump him. Still others, like myself, were actually pleased with his progress as a LG last year. He still got called for penalties, but he was a huge reason for the Raiders' success in the run game. I would love to see him become the LT the Raiders thought he could be, but even with cutting Barry Sims, the Raiders decided to keep him at LG. Otherwise that would just be one more switch that Gallery would have to make.

      All in all, I'm happy with him at guard and I think he could become a Pro Bowl caliber player there although I don't know if anyone would ever vote for him due to the failed expectations.

      Oldie but a goodie.

      Comment


      • #78
        Gallery is among the most penalized players in the league, season after season.

        ESPN's Mike Sando wrote a good article about it this past November.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
          A lot of people consider him a bust and want to dump him. Still others, like myself, were actually pleased with his progress as a LG last year. He still got called for penalties, but he was a huge reason for the Raiders' success in the run game. I would love to see him become the LT the Raiders thought he could be, but even with cutting Barry Sims, the Raiders decided to keep him at LG. Otherwise that would just be one more switch that Gallery would have to make.

          All in all, I'm happy with him at guard and I think he could become a Pro Bowl caliber player there although I don't know if anyone would ever vote for him due to the failed expectations.
          Even if he does become a pro bowl guard, do you think people still will consider him a bust due to failed expectations as a stud can't miss LT? Do you think a pro bowl at LG would exonerate him the bust label? He was a interesting pick, and it's harder for you guys because you could have basically picked anyone you guys wanted that draft. If you guys didn't pick Gallery, what was the next popular pick among your fanbase? Would you have gone QB, WR in fitz, or what?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
            Even if he does become a pro bowl guard, do you think people still will consider him a bust due to failed expectations as a stud can't miss LT? Do you think a pro bowl at LG would exonerate him the bust label? He was a interesting pick, and it's harder for you guys because you could have basically picked anyone you guys wanted that draft. If you guys didn't pick Gallery, what was the next popular pick among your fanbase? Would you have gone QB, WR in fitz, or what?
            Yes, I believe most will see him as a bust, even if he were to get up to Will Shields-like HOF production.

            That year was a year that was highly contested as to what the Raiders would/should do. A lot of guys like Roy Williams at that spot, some liked Larry Fitzgerald, others wanted Roethlisberger and still others were pining for Sean Taylor. I think I was among the Sean Taylor or Roy Williams camp at that point.

            Oldie but a goodie.

            Comment

            Working...
            X

            Debug Information