Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Javon Walker Signs with OAK (6yr $55 Million)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the $10M remaining is in the form of option bonuses, roster bonuses, and the like. In the same vein as the contract Donte Stallworth signed with the Patriots last summer, which had an overall value of 6 years/ $32M with $12M in guaranteed/bonuses - the numbers obviously deceiving.

Edit: Nevermind. If PFT states it right, the 6M signing bonus now, plus the 5M base salary in 07, plus the 5M base salary in 08, is what's being reported as the 16M guaranteed. I guess I can see the point, in that the Raiders aren't going to cut bait before the second year, but it's strange to see that calculation imo.
    Last edited by Geo; 03-05-2008, 11:18 PM.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Maybe Al is just getting a head start on the end of the CBA...

Comment

I feel bad for Russell. He's getting a WR with bad knees and one of the worst right tackle's in the nfl.

Comment

We should build our team through the draft that's the smart thing to do, but of course Al's gotta throw the money at the old vets with question marks.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
            We should build our team through the draft that's the smart thing to do, but of course Al's gotta throw the money at the old vets with question marks.
            I hear ya, you have to use free agency as well though, and he only has 5 draft picks this year. I know he's done this before, but I think he tries to use the draft, he just misses on too many first rounders.

Comment

*&($(# Gallery!!

Gallery really did hurt us by not turning into the franchise LT he was supposed to, and we have nothing to show for giving up that #7 pick for Moss. We've done an ok job with our early picks the past few years [Zach Miller, Thomas Howard, Nnamdi, Fabs] but none of our mid-late rounds picks other than Kirk Morrison have panned out to be anything special.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information