Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Javon Walker Signs with OAK (6yr $55 Million)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javon Walker Signs with OAK (6yr $55 Million)

Javon Walker signs a 6 year deal worth $55 Million and $16 Million Guaranteed. Extremely suprised here with this, dont understand why he is worth this much. I thought they were taking a risk on him.

Since last Thursday, the Raiders have doled out more than $144 million in contracts to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($50.1 million), safety Gibril Wilson ($39 million), and Walker ($55 million).
    Raiders have spend a lot of money in the past week...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Jesus, Al's lost it. First Tommy Kelly, now $9M per for Javon Walker. A guy coming off his third knee surgery, and who Shanahan just said needed microfracture surgery..
    Last edited by Basileus777; 03-05-2008, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Javon Walker isn't even worth $4 million a year. . . The Raiders are OFFICIALLY doomed.

Comment

I don't mind the kelly signing as we don't know the exact contract; there could be certain incentives that can never be reached or years/money he'll never see. They always give out the best possible numbers for the player and i just think kelly is everything the raiders need. Granted it seems a lot of money, but everyone is getting overpaid these days; someone needs to set the new market value and it just so happens its the guys this year, and the teams who follow will have to go above it and so on. (i'd personally rather set the market level than have to follow and give it a larger contract)

Regardless, I can't comprehend this signing. I didn't know any teams were really that interested to create a bidding war to even get it to 5 a year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

wow...just wow. Thats alot of money to give a guy with alot of questions. Then again, they gave kwame harris 16 million for 3 years...so Old Al isnt afraid to spend the money. Christ, maybe he is going senile...
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            wow...just wow. Thats alot of money to give a guy with alot of questions. Then again, they gave kwame harris 16 million for 3 years...so Old Al isnt afraid to spend the money. Christ, maybe he is going senile...
            He already has about a couple of years ago. It's really unlike al to spend all this money and free agency isn't even over yet.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Since last Thursday, the Raiders have doled out more than $144 million in contracts to defensive tackle Tommy Kelly ($50.1 million), safety Gibril Wilson ($39 million), and Walker ($55 million).
              Ouch...I feel bad for Raiders fans having to endure off seasons like this, they really are passionate about their team and Al Davis has no clue whats going on in the world right now and is just pissing money down the drain...

Boy they really did miss out on Jacque Reeves this off season, thats about the only way it could of gotten worse.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Is Al Davis legally senile yet?
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
                  Jesus, Al's lost it. First Tommy Kelly, now $9M per for Javon Walker. A guy coming off his third knee surgery, and who Shanahan just said needed microfracture surgery..
                  Wow, Dr. Shanahan's prognosis on Walker is pretty bleak. Why the heck didn't the Raiders consult him before signing Walker? Stupid Raiders. Don't you know you are supposed to bring in the best orthopedic surgeon--specializing in knees of course--before spending $55 million on a guy? And everyone knows that Dr. Shanahan is far and away the best in the world.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                    Wow, Dr. Shanahan's prognosis on Walker is pretty bleak. Why the heck didn't the Raiders consult him before signing Walker? Stupid Raiders. Don't you know you are supposed to bring in the best orthopedic surgeon--specializing in knees of course--before spending $55 million on a guy? And everyone knows that Dr. Shanahan is far and away the best in the world.
                    Good defense, but seriously there's no way this signing can be justified. Even if Javon had never been injured, he wouldn't be worth this much. He's not Randy Moss, even if his knees weren't completely shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                      Good defense, but seriously there's no way this signing can be justified. Even if Javon had never been injured, he wouldn't be worth this much. He's not Randy Moss, even if his knees weren't completely shot.
                      Absolutely right. I agree this is FAR too much money for Walker.

I'll say that as soon as I heard the Broncos were planning to release him and Berrian was signed by the Vikings, I began to hope that the Raiders would pursue him. However, my idea of pursuing was a 2-3 years contract for about $7 million tops + incentives for if he stayed healthy and produced well. So you can imagine my surprise when I saw "6 years, $55 million, $16 guaranteed."

All I can say is: I hope he heals quickly and starts producing at 2004 levels.

It can't be overstated how necessary it is to surround Jamarcus Russell with weapons in his first years as a starter, so at least the Raiders are trying to do that. But they certainly overpaid for this one... (and they can't stop here--they still need someone to stretch the field. I could go for a guy like Drew Carter as that deep threat)

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

All Javon has ever caired about is money, money, money.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                          Actually there's a good chance he might have been. He was on his way to becoming one of the leagues top receivers before his first injury. Then he came back with Denver and had a good first year there. No way is he worth close to that now, but with out the injuries and attitude problems he very well could be.

Comment

I guess he's panicking and finally snapped after having his back against the wall for the last 4 years.

Comment

The Raiders can't offer fair market contracts and expect anyone to choose them over other teams. It's the only thing he can do. And even that wasn't enough to lure Bernard Berrian out of Minn. or to stop Stallworth from signing with the Browns. Those guys want to play on contenders. He only has 5 draft picks this year. It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information