• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ditto for Richard Dent

Comment

Rod Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
        Martin deserves first-ballot. He's the fourth in career rushing yards and carries an impressive record in 10 straight 1,000+ yard rushing seasons. The argument that he doesn't have a 'signature moment' is bogus... it's about the body of work.
        It isn't bogus. It is a legit argument. Curtis Martin just never got hurt. That is why he rushed for so much. His career ypc isn't very impressive and at no time in his career was he ever a top 3 RB in the game.

Comment

Mike Alstott

Comment

Jerry Rice is 2010 with Emmitt. His last season was 2004 and he retired while at camp with Denver just before the 2005 season.

2009: Bruce Smith, Rod Woodson, Shannon Sharpe, John Randle.

2010: Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Tim Brown, Aeneas Williams, Gary Anderson.

2011: Deion Sanders, Curtis Martin, Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis, Willie Roaf.

2012: Will Shields.

2013: Brett Favre, Larry Allen, Warren Sapp, Bryant Young.

Wait and see: Junior Seau, Orlando Pace, Jon Ogden, Michael Strahan, Morten Andersen.
            Last edited by boknows34; 03-06-2008, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bucpimpin View Post
              Mike Alstott
              not even a chance but was a great person/player

Comment

Keyshawn 2012?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  It isn't bogus. It is a legit argument. Curtis Martin just never got hurt. That is why he rushed for so much. His career ypc isn't very impressive and at no time in his career was he ever a top 3 RB in the game.
                  And Jerome Bettis was? (dont know ur specific opinion on if JB should make it in or not). The fact that Curtis Martin stayed healthy for most of his career is a testament to the type of football player he is(particularly when you consider that he was labeled "injury prone" coming out of Pittsburgh. It seems that there are quite a few players who make it into the HOF based on being consistently good, over a long period of time (Art Monk comes to mind). ANd the fact that he wasnt in the top 3-5 at his position doesnt say much, considering he was playing alongside a few all time greats during his career.

Comment

Originally posted by robswinga View Post
                    And Jerome Bettis was? (dont know ur specific opinion on if JB should make it in or not). The fact that Curtis Martin stayed healthy for most of his career is a testament to the type of football player he is(particularly when you consider that he was labeled "injury prone" coming out of Pittsburgh. It seems that there are quite a few players who make it into the HOF based on being consistently good, over a long period of time (Art Monk comes to mind). ANd the fact that he wasnt in the top 3-5 at his position doesnt say much, considering he was playing alongside a few all time greats during his career.
                    I acutally said earlier in the thread I pray Bettis doesn't get in on the first shot. I also don't think Art Monk should have ever made it. We are starting to water down the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                      Keyshawn 2012?
                      I wouldn't give him any chance at all.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        I acutally said earlier in the thread I pray Bettis doesn't get in on the first shot. I also don't think Art Monk should have ever made it. We are starting to water down the HOF.
                        Hall of Fame is starting to mean less and less, soon if you win a award
                        your going to go into the hall of fame

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil$ View Post
                          Martin deserves first-ballot. He's the fourth in career rushing yards and carries an impressive record in 10 straight 1,000+ yard rushing seasons. The argument that he doesn't have a 'signature moment' is bogus... it's about the body of work.
                          it is the same arguement they will use against Zach Thomas

Both should be in

Comment

Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                            it is the same arguement they will use against Zach Thomas

Both should be in
                            Although I'd say at their peaks Zach was more dominant at his position than Curtis was.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
                              Hall of Fame is starting to mean less and less, soon if you win a award
                              your going to go into the hall of fame
                              I feel the same way, and proven guys like Gradishar, Derrick Thomas, Cris Carter get passed for joke guys.
                              This is the Hall of FAME, not Hall of Very Good

Martin and Bettis were BOTH very good, but neither are deserving of the HoF IMO. ESPECIALLY Bettis, but he will get in because of his later seasons push and getting that Super Bowl victory thanks to the refs. Martin was never a top RB IMO, and is like Monk. Both decent guys who played for a long time to pile up the stats, but never really "struck fear" into the defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by jth1331 View Post
                                I feel the same way, and proven guys like Gradishar, Derrick Thomas, Cris Carter get passed for joke guys.
                                This is the Hall of FAME, not Hall of Very Good

Martin and Bettis were BOTH very good, but neither are deserving of the HoF IMO. ESPECIALLY Bettis, but he will get in because of his later seasons push and getting that Super Bowl victory thanks to the refs. Martin was never a top RB IMO, and is like Monk. Both decent guys who played for a long time to pile up the stats, but never really "struck fear" into the defenses.
                                Agreed. I have no idea how Gradishar didn't get in this year. He should be in. I can see making Derrick Thomas wait a bit longer. Carter I guess should have been a first ballot but I have no problem making him wait one more year. The only problem I had was Monk getting in and Carter not.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information