Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hall Of Fame 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    When would Parcells be eligible for the hall? He probably deserves it more than most people in there.


    Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

    Comment


    • #47
      That's the problem with letting Monk into the Hall of Fame. It's opened the door to players like Bettis and Martin.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

      Comment


      • #48
        yeah the new era of running backs is tough to project. I think Martin and Bettis will eventually get in, but hopefully not first-ballot.

        The more he plays at such a high level, the better his chances, but Fred Taylor could be in the same boat in the future too due to the whole "never one of the top 3 RB in the NFL arguement." If he can go another 2 years over 1000 yards it definately helps his case, but i cant say for sure he isnt a guy who was just very, very good for a long time, not necessarily one of the greatest.
        JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

        Comment


        • #49
          I like Freddie T a great deal, but he doesn't belong in the Hall. He was never among the best runningbacks of his era imo, but he's been an exceptional pro and will stand as one of the greats in Jags franchise history.

          I don't think Bettis belongs either, at all. Curtis Martin is borderline imo, and I might lean towards yes. At this moment, anyway.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

          Comment


          • #50
            Wasn't this just Taylor's first pro bowl?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Geo View Post
              That's the problem with letting Monk into the Hall of Fame. It's opened the door to players like Bettis and Martin.
              yeah, Monk getting in is pretty ridiculous in my mind. Yeah it was a different era I guess, but he was a solid reciever who got a lot of catches, not a lot more. No offense to anyone who loves him or anything, but 68 TDs in 16 career years doesnt scream hall of fame to me...
              JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

              Comment


              • #52
                To those who use the "top 3-5" at their position argument, how exactly would that be determined? Do they have to be tops at their position for a certain amount of years? If thats the case, then Terrell Davis deserves mention. I guess its some special combination of being among the best at your position, along with a certain amount of longevity in your carerer.

                I do agree with those who say that the HOF is becoming watered down.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by robswinga View Post
                  To those who use the "top 3-5" at their position argument, how exactly would that be determined? Do they have to be tops at their position for a certain amount of years? If thats the case, then Terrell Davis deserves mention. I guess its some special combination of being among the best at your position, along with a certain amount of longevity in your carerer.

                  I do agree with those who say that the HOF is becoming watered down.
                  I agree your career needs some longevity but you also need to be legitimately great at some point of it. A lot of people point to Gale Sayers. Someone who was absolutely amazing for 4 seasons, but thats about it. He didn't have longevity, but still got in.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    It isn't bogus. It is a legit argument. Curtis Martin just never got hurt. That is why he rushed for so much. His career ypc isn't very impressive and at no time in his career was he ever a top 3 RB in the game.
                    He was the leading Rusher in 04 and had solid seasons year in and year out.

                    IMO he's not a Steve Smith type game changer, but not every player is supposed to be.

                    Any running back who is able to go year in and year out and give an offense 1000+ yards is what you'd call very good.

                    But to do so for 11 years is pretty damn good, especially when he averaged 8+ TDs per year.

                    I think he deserves to be in the HOF for the reason that he's a blue collar player who while didn't change the game contributed more to his signature franchise than other guys in the hall.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      Wasn't this just Taylor's first pro bowl?
                      Yes, and he got in because someone ahead of him was injured.


                      http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by robswinga View Post
                        To those who use the "top 3-5" at their position argument, how exactly would that be determined? Do they have to be tops at their position for a certain amount of years? If thats the case, then Terrell Davis deserves mention. I guess its some special combination of being among the best at your position, along with a certain amount of longevity in your carerer.

                        I do agree with those who say that the HOF is becoming watered down.
                        I may sound like a Broncos homer here, but IMO, TD deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He was an absolute beast at RB for 4 years, winning a MVP, Super Bowl MVP and All Pro honors.
                        I think a bigger question mark may be Priest Holmes, because when he was healthy, he was a fricken beast that dominated.

                        Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                        He was the leading Rusher in 04 and had solid seasons year in and year out.

                        IMO he's not a Steve Smith type game changer, but not every player is supposed to be.

                        Any running back who is able to go year in and year out and give an offense 1000+ yards is what you'd call very good.

                        But to do so for 11 years is pretty damn good, especially when he averaged 8+ TDs per year.

                        I think he deserves to be in the HOF for the reason that he's a blue collar player who while didn't change the game contributed more to his signature franchise than other guys in the hall.
                        1,000 yards now a days is overrated. I mean, look at some of the guys who have accumulated 10,000 career rushing yards. Warrick Dunn, Eddie George, Fred Taylor, all decent guys, but come on, they aren't anything special.
                        Martin had great durability and longevity, but I just don't think he was "greatness".

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          IMO Seau and Thomas dont belong in the Hall of Fame, and I am not just saying that because I am a Bills fan.


                          Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information