No announcement yet.

Dan Morgan signs with the Saints

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good signing. I have been an advocate of moving Morgan from the middle and away from the trash. The more he minimizes contact, the better off he will be. I still wouldn't bet on him being healthy though. Really too bad, bc he was a great player before injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      theyd be foolish to pass on Rivers.
      I like Rivers. I really do, but I think with the addition of Vilma & Morgan and resigning Mark Simeoneau, the FO is content with the depth and players. I'm an advocate for Rivers at 10, though. We really want a DT and wanting Ellis or Dorsey and I hear we're willing to trade up to land either of them so that would be my first guess. My second guess is that if none is there we're going to target a CB. If we're not enamored with the CBs (Jenkins, McKelvin or DRC) then it becomes BPA excluding QB. Don't be surprised to see us take Ryan Clady, but I get the feeling we're going to add Rashard Mendenhall.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by JPLUFF View Post
        They signing every injured linebacker they can?

Also, why can't Detroit get any of these guys?
        Did you really want him? I mean, he'll probably play 3-4 games max...

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
          Did you really want him? I mean, he'll probably play 3-4 games max...
          I doubt he makes it out of training camp...
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

If they could find the D-Line they could have a pretty good 3-4 Defense. But that's pretty far from reality. Did they sign Morgan for insurance/depth purposes because he's been pretty banged up himself.

Smith - Vilma - Morgan - Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              I like Rivers. I really do, but I think with the addition of Vilma & Morgan and resigning Mark Simeoneau, the FO is content with the depth and players. I'm an advocate for Rivers at 10, though. We really want a DT and wanting Ellis or Dorsey and I hear we're willing to trade up to land either of them so that would be my first guess. My second guess is that if none is there we're going to target a CB. If we're not enamored with the CBs (Jenkins, McKelvin or DRC) then it becomes BPA excluding QB. Don't be surprised to see us take Ryan Clady, but I get the feeling we're going to add Rashard Mendenhall.
              its just real hard to have so much money invested in the offense, and also try to build a conventional 4-3 defense on the other side thats good enough to win a championship with.

usually the blueprint for teams built on offense is to compliment that with a cheap effective Tampa 2. I think the Saints are making a mistake trying to mix and match parts on defense. Thats what has been holding the Bengals back for so long now. No direction on defense.

Theyre really not that far off. They can really make a nice Tampa 2 with one offseason. A simple mock off the top of my head

1. Rivers
              2. Laws
              3. Best available CB that slipped

that right there gives them a solid Tampa 2 to build off of. You have the ends, youd have the LBs, with Laws youd have a decent 1,2 DT punch, and you'd have the CBs.

Comment

You're preaching to the choir here, bbd.

Comment

You're preaching to the choir here, bbd.
                  let's call Payton and make it happen. lol :)

if you think about it, even if they took that approach without having the Tampa 2 in mind, it would still be a pretty good idea.

this draft is built for NO to really address some issues...if they handle it appropriately.

even their "offensive" issues, like RB and OT.

Comment

Rivers is a late first round pick at best.

Comment

I'm telling you, bbd. We're taking Mendenhall at 10. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                        You sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsMan View Post
                          Wait, what?
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Even as depth, I don't like the signing. The guy can't stay healthy and from a purely health stand point I don't think he should play again.

I also don't think we take Rivers, although we would be foolish not to. I think Mendenhall is a possiblity, the same with Ryan Clady, or DeSean Jackson.

We need CB help, and your right, BBD, we have a decent Tampa 2 guy in David, and I think that Usama Young and Randall *** could fit in that system as well.

The problem is, and will always be as long as he's here, Gary Gibbs. He is, in my opinion, one of the worst D Coordinators in the league.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

He is not a playmaker and lacks instincts. This would be a horrible pick for the Saints and far from the best player available.

Comment

I'm telling you, bbd. We're taking Mendenhall at 10. You heard it here first.
                                Why not...I would be happy with it....

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information