Goodell urges crackdown on cheating in memo to competition committee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    no way. Goodell is the best thing that happened to football. he's cleaning up the mess that Tagliabue created and did nothing to solve.

Just look at the extreme drop off in player thug activities just this year alone. Goodell is doing a great job, and is very proactive in making the league better in whichever way he can.

He's a great commissioner.
    whats player thug activities? is that like starting a meth lab?

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
      How about not starting topics that are deliberately created to cause arguments? What if I made a topic called "Goodell urges crackdown on coaches who do not support *** rights"?
      How about quit being so self-important because it was your team that cheated and realize that this is something that affects all 32 teams, since it's an integrity of the game issue (all teams are going to lose fans if the integrity of the game can't be trusted), and the NFL won't only be conducting these inspections on the Patriots. That doesn't mean they'll find anything anywhere, but it's still a newsworthy item. Goodell is urging the competition committee to change the rules so that the integrity of the game isn't violated again. What's not to like about that?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I also think this is a great move by the Commish, although hopefully he doesn't hurt the integrity of the league and the league office by doing ridiculous favors for certain people when their franchise is caught, like he did with Robert Kraft in the Spygate brouhaha. (Funny how we haven't heard Matt Walsh talk yet, btw.)

And hey, if the Colts are cheating, I hope they're caught. My feelings are league-wide: don't friggin' cheat.

The big thing the league needs now is a test for HGH. I'd like to see how super those San Diego Super-Chargers are then ...
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
          I also think this is a great move by the Commish, although hopefully he doesn't hurt the integrity of the league and the league office by doing ridiculous favors for certain people when their franchise is caught, like he did with Robert Kraft in the Spygate brouhaha. (Funny how we haven't heard Matt Walsh talk yet, btw.)

And hey, if the Colts are cheating, I hope they're caught. My feelings are league-wide: don't friggin' cheat.

The big thing the league needs now is a test for HGH. I'd like to see how super those San Diego Super-Chargers are then ...
          im tellin you, HGH is a league problem, not just the chargers. the day we get a test for HGH, expect to see a rather large change in the league. players will get smaller, and injuries will increase 10fold across the board.

i don't think we should ban HGH, but there should be restrictions. its actually very useful when used as a healer.

Comment

I hope everyone got the memo.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
              How about quit being so self-important because it was your team that cheated and realize that this is something that affects all 32 teams, since it's an integrity of the game issue (all teams are going to lose fans if the integrity of the game can't be trusted), and the NFL won't only be conducting these inspections on the Patriots. That doesn't mean they'll find anything anywhere, but it's still a newsworthy item. Goodell is urging the competition committee to change the rules so that the integrity of the game isn't violated again. What's not to like about that?
              Realistically, they all cheat in one way or another and if it is brought up every day for the next 2 years and the NFL sees their TV revenue affected negatively, I'm sure the owners will love him.
              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                So because Shawne Merriman tested positive for nandralone and Rodney Harrison said he had been doing it after he left the Chargers, the Chargers have an HGH problem? And they're the only team?

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

didnt want to open a new thread. Its going to be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                    Realistically, they all cheat in one way or another and if it is brought up every day for the next 2 years and the NFL sees their TV revenue affected negatively, I'm sure the owners will love him.
                    How do you know that every team cheats? Do you have any proof? If not, it's a baseless shot at 31 teams. It doesn't matter how many people say everyone cheats, until there's proof, it's only fair to assume innocence.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                      http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

didnt want to open a new thread. Its going to be interesting
                      http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ve_videotaper/

Didn't want to open a new thread. It's going to be interesting.

Comment

Why is it that when any thread with the word "cheat" in its title shows up, you have to show up and whine about something?
                        Why is it that any time anything related to the Patriots pops up, you show up and whine about something?

I could have started a new thread about other league-wide memos that resulted in multiple violations of said memo, but chose not to. But I know, all you "rational" lemmings are on board the "tampering is OK" train.

So whatev. This rule is in place for E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y, and that fact has nothing to do with one team getting busted...

Comment

i just wanted to get this cleared and move on
                          Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 03-10-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

You and I couldn't agree with each other more on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              Why is it that any time anything related to the Patriots pops up, you show up and whine about something?
                              See, here's the difference: I don't do that, whereas you have to post something trying to defend your precious Patriots on any thread that contains the word "cheat". Do you run a daily search for it? I'll openly admit I dislike the Patriots, not shocking coming from a Colts fan, but I don't go around any time I see a Patriots thread and post something negative about Spygate or their 2007 season or any number of other things that could detract from the original discussion, which seems to be your primary and perhaps sole goal of posting in these threads. I guess you figure if you agitate and annoy enough, people will stop talking about it, when in reality all you're doing is stoking the fire. If you see a topic you don't like, why bother looking at it?

I could have started a new thread about other league-wide memos that resulted in multiple violations of said memo, but chose not to. But I know, all you "rational" lemmings are on board the "tampering is OK" train.
                              If you can PROVE that someone tampered with another team's free agents (more than an article suspecting it will be required), then I'd be all for that team getting the appropriate punishment. That, however, has absolutely no relevance here whatsoever, as this is a discussion about Goodell urging the competition committee to take measures that would make cheating far more difficult in the league, and considering how much whining you do about teams cheating in threads like that have the word "cheat" in them, I'd think it would be something you'd be quite interested in discussing...unless of course you have some alterior motive behind your constant complaining about teams cheating...

So whatev. This rule is in place for E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y, and that fact has nothing to do with one team getting busted...
                              Hey, you finally got a general idea of what this thread is about, congratulations!

Comment

How do you know that every team cheats? Do you have any proof? If not, it's a baseless shot at 31 teams. It doesn't matter how many people say everyone cheats, until there's proof, it's only fair to assume innocence.

There are so many reported cases of cheating with a lot of HC's admitting they did it that only a fool would think 31 teams are innocent. The NFL just hasn't taken the time to go after cheaters because it had become part of the game.
                                You don't really think HC's sending in signals cover their mouths or have people shield them with towels because they bewlieve 31 teams don't cheat do you???
                                And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information