Goodell urges crackdown on cheating in memo to competition committee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
    That, however, has absolutely no relevance here whatsoever, as this is a discussion about Goodell urging the competition committee to take measures that would make cheating far more difficult in the league,
    Well maybe one of us needs to do a little research into what tampering is... and here's a hint... it's you.

That same proposal also stated they plan to make it easier to impose penalties with less evidence... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......

Justin Smiley, Tony Sparano and Asante Samuel. Three clear cut cases of tampering. No proof necessary. It's all in the media. Burn 'em at the stake. That's what the mob mentality does here right? **** the facts, just sort it out later.

And blah, blah, blah, the spinsters strike again. I could spend the next five minutes concocting some witty response about you waving your blue pompoms and pictures of Peyton Manning in precarious positions, but I digress. Just get the **** over it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
      You don't really think HC's sending in signals cover their mouths or have people shield them with towels because they bewlieve 31 teams don't cheat do you???
      You don't really think trying to steal signals on the sideline, during the game, is illegal, do you? Head coaches and OCs cover their mouths when calling plays because everyone knows that a long playcall is a pass play.

Originally posted by Jay View Post
      That same proposal also stated they plan to make it easier to impose penalties with less evidence... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......
      Thank you captain obvious, I believe I said that.

Justin Smiley, Tony Sparano and Asante Samuel. Three clear cut cases of tampering. No proof necessary. It's all in the media. Burn 'em at the stake.
      So because you think there's tampering because of media reports, no proof is necessary? This from someone who has vehemently defended the rights of cheaters? Seems a tad hypocritical...

That's what the mob mentality does here right? **** the facts, just sort it out later.
      Right, because everyone here randomly accused the Patriots of cheating for years until this evidence came out. Please get a grip on reality. It'll make things easier for everyone here.

And blah, blah, blah, the spinsters strike again. I could spend the next five minutes concocting some witty response about you waving your blue pompoms and pictures of Peyton Manning in precarious positions, but I digress. Just get the **** over it already.
      Sure, my only interest in anything about cheating is that I'm a Colts fan. I don't happen to be a football fan that cares about the integrity of the game. Nope, just a Colts fan being bitter. Again, please get a grip on reality.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Dam8610:

No, you don't. I've said it all along that if this happened to any other team, no one would care, yourself included. This is why no one cares about the Jets being caught filming from an area against NFL rules in Foxboro, and another reason no one cares about the wink-wink, nudge-nudge deal between Tony Dungy and Jeff Fisher. And it's the same reason no one cares about tampering, much less the fact that they get away with saying "everyone is doing it." You're right, there is a lot of hypocrisy, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why it gets Patriot fans bent out of shape. We see all these other blatant disregards for NFL rules and policy go unpunished and blatantly not cared about, while we're evil and dastardly for doing something that, wait for it, everyone was doing. But God knows you're not going to let me get away with saying "everyone was doing it."

And no, teams do not cover their mouths or sheild signals because taking a long time means it is a pass. Are you that freaking gullible? I mean seriously. Do I even need to explain how flawed that assessment is?

And yes, you can use the media as a source, especially when it has direct quotes, cited, attributed to people involved in the situation. It's a crock of **** and we all know it.

If I am a Dallas Cowboys fan, I am PISSED. How do we know their team was as prepared as they should have been with a number of members in the organization packing bags and getting ready to go to Miami?

If I am a Cleveland Browns fan, I am PISSED and want some answers as to why two teams with members on the competition committee can come to an "understanding" on how a game is going to be played. That one sure got squashed quick though. No moral outrage there, and that would be 10 times worse then any filming the Patriots could EVER do. And yeah, we can play semantic games and say the Browns should have taken care of their own business, but the Giants had absolutely nothing to play for in week 17 and they put up a game for the ages against the Pats. The Pats

I don't think I am being unreasonable for expecting everyone to treat every team the same. I am fine with the fact that we broke a rule, were heavily penalized and whatever. We were wrong. No one has ever claimed otherwise. I am just tired of the hypocrisy. I am tired of everyone talking in circles. I am tired of everyone assuming the worst with when it comes to this but assuming nothing happened when it comes to everyone else. I am tired of Pats fans getting singled out every time something goes down. It is definitely a mob mentality against us. It doesn't matter what we say. It doesn't.

I didn't see anyone rushing to talk about the lawsuit in New Orleans being dropped when it was certainly posted within minutes of it being filed. I didn't see anyone posting articles to discredit Matt Walsh when I've seen them rushing to let everyone know how great the info he *might* have will be. It's just a shame. This board has already lost quite a few Pats fans and it is going to very quickly lose the rest. There are other boards out there that actually treat each other with respect, where you can actually have civilized discourse without a bunch of immature lemmings acting like two year olds.

I'm sure none of you will shed any tears seeing us go, I just think it's unfortunate that it's OK for people to be driven away like that. But whatev. Think what you want, sensationalize to fit your argument, dramaticize it to get your rocks off. Have a blasty with it.

Comment

Dam8610:
          This board has already lost quite a few Pats fans and it is going to very quickly lose the rest.
          I'm not sure if that is a bad thing. The only two Patriot fans that I could stand are you(when you aren't in a thread dealing with cheating) and Billingsley. The rest of them seem to be idiot 10 year olds who talk like this:
          "OMG PATRITOS BEST EVAR!!!! LULZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Maybe that is the case, I don't know, but there were many more of us at one point and many of them were pretty rational.

And for the record, none of us have ever claimed "Patriots16-0" as our own...

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
              I'm not sure if that is a bad thing. The only two Patriot fans that I could stand are you(when you aren't in a thread dealing with cheating) and Billingsley. The rest of them seem to be idiot 10 year olds who talk like this:
              "OMG PATRITOS BEST EVAR!!!! LULZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
              Actually, it would probably be something more like "OMG PATRIOTS BEST EVAH!!" gotta put in the accent
              Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...ve_videotaper/

Didn't want to open a new thread. It's going to be interesting.
                Oh yeah, because a reporter from the Boston Herald is really going to give an honest and unbias opinion on a guy who can potentially tarnish the reputation of a Boston sports team. Nice.

Listen, Jay, I'm with you on this. If other teams are FOUND to be cheating, punish them. Speculatation, conjecture, and guess work are not evidence. Until we see the same level of proof that was brought against the Patriots, it's worthless.

You don't know all 31 other teams are cheating. You think they are, but do you really know? Of course not. I'm sure some of them do cheat, but what should the NFL do? Punish every team because you think they cheat?

Until then, it's hard for people to not single out the Patriots of cheating, because they're the biggest and most significant case of cheating in the NFL. Jimmy Johnson said he cheated, but what can the NFL do to a guy who isn't in the league anymore?
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

A lack of proof did not help people from singling out the patriots for having cheated before the 2001 superbowl. they took the word of an ex-employee over the word of the head officials, BB + Scott Pioli mainly, from the patriots organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                    A lack of proof did not help people from singling out the patriots for having cheated before the 2001 superbowl. they took the word of an ex-employee over the word of the head officials, BB + Scott Pioli mainly, from the patriots organization.
                    ..uh yeah, I'm not even sure if I should respond to this.

So what you're saying is, let's trust the two people apart of the organization who's cheated before, when CLEARLY they would have no reason to lie about it. [/end sarcasm]
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                      Uhhh no, actually they took the word of Eric Mangini who snitched and obviously knew what he was talking about having just left the organization, which led people to speculate that if they were using this methods in the first game of the season and Mangini knew about it, that they were probably used previously when he was apart of the organization...So Mangini, no an ex employee brought this situation to light and he obviously has more credibility then Walse.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        ..uh yeah, I'm not even sure if I should respond to this.

So what you're saying is, let's trust the two people apart of the organization who's cheated before, when CLEARLY they would have no reason to lie about it. [/end sarcasm]
                        so we should trust the word of a bitter ex-employee then? Pick your poision, member of the organization or bitter ex-employee, neither really could be considered unbias, which is why its ridiculous that the pats were jumped on as if it were already proven.

Comment

jay so ur basically also saying the whole Committee hates the Pats, they let other teams get away and only fine the Pats?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Uhhh no, actually they took the word of Eric Mangini who snitched and obviously knew what he was talking about having just left the organization, which led people to speculate that if they were using this methods in the first game of the season and Mangini knew about it, that they were probably used previously when he was apart of the organization...So Mangini, no an ex employee brought this situation to light and he obviously has more credibility then Walse.
                            I was actually only referring to the accusations of taping the rams walkthrough. People assumed that walsh actually had proof, and took his word as credible and dismissed the patriots' word automatically. and you prove my point exactly. people are SPECULATING that the patriots used the "methods" before the first game of last year. In all likelihood they probably were, but nobody can really prove it..thus proving my point.

Comment

Yea and thats why Magini woke up someday and was like:

Hey maybe the Pats cheat!

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                                Oh yeah, because a reporter from the Boston Herald is really going to give an honest and unbias opinion on a guy who can potentially tarnish the reputation of a Boston sports team. Nice.

Listen, Jay, I'm with you on this. If other teams are FOUND to be cheating, punish them. Speculatation, conjecture, and guess work are not evidence. Until we see the same level of proof that was brought against the Patriots, it's worthless.

You don't know all 31 other teams are cheating. You think they are, but do you really know? Of course not. I'm sure some of them do cheat, but what should the NFL do? Punish every team because you think they cheat?

Until then, it's hard for people to not single out the Patriots of cheating, because they're the biggest and most significant case of cheating in the NFL. Jimmy Johnson said he cheated, but what can the NFL do to a guy who isn't in the league anymore?
                                The Boston GLOBE (owned by the New York Times) spent over 30 days with five reporters working on that article. There is more factual, sourced information in that article then EVERY OTHER news piece that has come out regarding this subject.

If MSN or Fox or Yahoo wrote an article that in depth with that many named sources glorifying Matt Walsh, this article would be 15 pages deep in kudos, and you would be one of the lemmings involved.

Case in point, your making excuses for Jimmy Johnson, and your refusal to admit the NFL has brushed countless incidents under the rug since Spygate to the plight of no one.

Stone-cold guarantee of the year: The NFL would have NEVER turned this into a big deal if they knew just how overblown the situation would become, and neither would the New York Jets. FACT. I GUARANTEE Eric Mangini has nothing but total regret for the entire thing happening, which is why he is willing to testify that neither he or any other coaches on the Patriots staff watched video of the St. Louis Rams walk through.

Under oath.

In a court of law.

Take from that what you want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information