Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatman signs with NYJ

http://www.miamiherald.com/breaking_...ry/450363.html

Dolphins running back Jesse Chatman signed a one-year contract with the New York Jets on Sunday, agent Brett Tessler said.
    Chatman rushed for 515 yards on 128 attempts for a 4.0 yard-per-carry average with a touchdown in 2007.
    Very interesting. I wonder what kind of effect this will have on the draft, because I really doubt the Jets will take McFadden now. If he's still on the board and Gholston isn't I could definitely see a trade happening.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Interesting, i think Chatman is a really underrated player. But i still wouldnt count out McFadden if he was there.

Comment

Jesse Chatman is not a reason to not draft McFadden. Either they signed him for the chance McFadden's not there or they were never going to take McFadden in the first place.

Comment

Ya this has no bearing on is they draft DMAC or not. Alright sign i guess R.Brown doesnt have to worry about splitting carries anymore.

Comment

He better be a good special teams guy because that backfield is getting more and more crowded

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
          You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

now you have 3 good backs on both NY Jets and NY Giants, great.

Comment

whatever happened to cedric houston?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                whatever happened to cedric houston?
                He just left for personal reasons. I think it was something medical because he did have some condition in which he was on multiple pills just so he could play. He had potential. Wish him the best wherever he is.
                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  He just left for personal reasons. I think it was something medical because he did have some condition in which he was on multiple pills just so he could play. He had potential. Wish him the best wherever he is.
                  Just to clarify on "he left".

He retired. Young guy.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                    Just to clarify on "he left".

He retired. Young guy.
                    On July 26, 2007, one day before the start of training camp, Houston left the Jets for personal reasons[1]. A day later it was revealed that Houston was quitting football. Houston has returned to the University of Tennessee as a student and is finishing his degree.
                    Wikipedia..

Comment

I don't think this would necessarily have any baring on whether or not the jets draft mcfadden; it was only a 1 year deal and most likely for cheap. My idea is that they are looking for someone to compliment leon and jones, but i also have this inkling that they could be looking for a replacement for TJ if they do happen to draft mcfadden. Mcfadden/Chatman/Washington would be a pretty darn good backfield that covers your different types of runners.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                        Wikipedia..
                        Cedric Leonard Houston (born June 28, 1982 in Clarendon, Arkansas) is a former American football running back who retired from the New York Jets after two seasons.
                        Wikipedia.....

Comment

I like sign he's a solid backup. I remember seeing him with SD in 02-03, showed some real potential.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

If they don't draft McFadden because of this signing I would be really shocked. I think Chatman could be a solid backup and complement to McFadden.

Comment

I like te chatman pick up....But I think they were going to do D in the draft anyway.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information