No announcement yet.

Scott to Titans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id prefer Harris win the LG spot. I always liked Amano better at C than G.

Comment

loving the pick up

Comment

It's only about $1M more a year than what Lilja got and about $500K more in total guarantees, but it's also on one less year which is less of a commitment.

Two ways to look at that - did the Colts resign Lilja believing he was the better of the two, or did they resign Lilja because he was percieved as the cheapest of the two (which didn't really turn out to be true)?

Comment

Im curious to see how he performs now. If he flops, you can add that to the list of evidence of how a great qb can make his oline look better than it really is.

Peyton and Brady do this better than anyone. Both in very different ways when you break it down.

Comment

Playing along side very good linemen also makes a player look better.
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
              If that's the case then Scott will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
                very true. i don't think that would be the case for Scott having a dropoff in production however because Tennessee has an excellent oline. One of the best in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                  Two ways to look at that - did the Colts resign Lilja believing he was the better of the two, or did they resign Lilja because he was percieved as the cheapest of the two (which didn't really turn out to be true)?
                  Could be the latter, who knows. Personally I like Lilja a lot more myself, some might say Scott. I'm pleased with how it all worked out, it was a good contract for Lilja and for the Colts, locking up the left side of Ugoh and Lilja for many years.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    very true. i don't think that would be the case for Scott having a dropoff in production however because Tennessee has an excellent oline. One of the best in the league.
                    Exactly. Their offensive line will be straight as long as they hang onto those two bookend tackles. Roos and Stewart (especially Stewart) are freakin' beasts.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      Exactly. Their offensive line will be straight as long as they hang onto those two bookend tackles. Roos and Stewart (especially Stewart) are freakin' beasts.
                      don't forget Mawaeh. if his body can hold up another year, they have top tier talent in the 3 pressure points of the oline. When I was grading olines last year, i felt that Tennessee had either the 3rd or 4th best line in the league. I can't remember exactly where i graded them.

I know I had NE followed by Dallas. I think I had Tennessee 3 on the list.

Comment

Mawae was showing signs of slowing down a lot though. They did draft Harris from NC State though as the future center, apparently he is doing well and could crack the starting lineup this season. This is why a signing like Scott was terribly important (arguably much more than WR).

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Well, it won't hurt the Colts because they already have players who could step in. So the move worked for them.

Scott is going to play right guard for the Titans, right? I can't see him at left guard, nevermind what rotoworld says because they doesn't know **** most of the time. Benji Olson is going to retire I read, which allows for Scott to step in at RG, and then have one of their guys in Amano or Harris step in at LG for the departing Bell.
                          Why would he be fine at RG and not LG? He said he's played both and it's no difference to him. This isn't like RT to LT.

I watched him close a little on my dvr after I heard he was signed. He plays very similar to Bell to me. I don't expect much change.

Comment

I can't recall if/when Scott played LG for the Colts. If you could tell me, I would appreciate it.

He played RG, and RT if necessary. As a Colts fan, I hope the Titans do play him at LG though.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

To say there's no difference between left guard and right guard is ignorant.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                I can't recall if/when Scott played LG for the Colts. If you could tell me, I would appreciate it.

He played RG, and RT if necessary. As a Colts fan, I hope the Titans do play him at LG though.
                                Jake Scott said: Itís never been a big issue for me to move from one position to another. Throughout college I played both sides. We played on a line where we flipped sides, so I played both right and left going through college. And I played a little bit of left guard while Iíve been in Indy. To me, it just really isnít much of an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information