X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Fitzgerald signs extension!

With the Cardinals.

http://larry-fitzgerald.com/jr/index...id=74&Itemid=1

Wow...30 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal? That's unprecedented.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Why that's

[img]www.alexrudloff.com/media/2007/01/dynomite.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Wow...30 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal? That's unprecedented.
        On a 4 year deal though it really isn't that big of a deal. Fitzgerald is what, 24? I'm sure they have every intention of him playing all 4 years regardless of what is guaranteed or not.

Comment

Dammit, that pisses me off.

Comment

The Cards were on the hook for over $30mm for the next 2 seasons, and his contract was crushing their cap. Getting things spread out and keeping Fitz was a necessity.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

The longer the Cards and Fitz remained in talks, the more likely it was that he was staying in Arizona. Shame for the Eagles, but I doubt it really had much chance of happening anyway.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

im a fitz fan, but i still feel that he's overrated by the majority of the fans out there. while he's very good, he hasn't done anything to establish himself as highly as some people praise him to be.

he can be great. he's not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  On a 4 year deal though it really isn't that big of a deal. Fitzgerald is what, 24? I'm sure they have every intention of him playing all 4 years regardless of what is guaranteed or not.
                  Well...it's all situational, but he could play the 1st season, blow out his knee the second, miss the third, and then play really well the 4th. They wouldn't cut him at any point, but you're paying 40 mil for 2 seasons. With a lengthier contract you're keeping the guy under terms, so even if you don't cut him, if things work out in the end you get more of the reward.

Not to mention that he's going to hit free agency again when he's in his prime.

It's a good deal, don't get me wrong, just interesting that it's only 4 years.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Boooooo, they should've traded him to the Titans.

Comment

Good for the Cards. It seemed like they weren't getting any offers of fair value for someone as extraodinaire as Fitz. Spread out the cap number over a longer term and keep an elite, very talented player. Great job.

Comment

He got what he wanted 4 year deal and $30 million guaranted and will hit the FA market before he turns 30.
                        Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          im a fitz fan, but i still feel that he's overrated by the majority of the fans out there. while he's very good, he hasn't done anything to establish himself as highly as some people praise him to be.

he can be great. he's not there yet.
                          Thats because he isnt very flashy or the fastest guys, just look at how productive he has been since he came into the league...On top of that he has some of the best ball skills you can have with incredible leaping ability and he uses his hands and doesnt let the ball come into his chest, he's fundamentally sound and very tough to cover, his best football is still ahead of him and look how well he has played up to this point.

That said, this whole ordeal says alot about his character...How many elite wrs would have kept quiet about this whole thing, he could of told AZ to deal with it, they put incentives in his contract and he hit them, so he didnt have to sign an extension, he could of collected his 30 million over the next 2 years and left for a huge payday, gotta love these type of guys who keep quiet and take care of things in house...Class act all around.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Fitz is the man. If he had dectn QB he was used to be could rip CBs in half.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

The Cards weren't planning on letting him go.

But as bf51 said, that's seriously big money. 10M average is the new record, yeesh.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information