Panthers Jarrett gets DWI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
    It's definitely way to early to give up on someone. Yes, anytime someone is is charged with something like this it is a huge indiscretion on his part, but it is just that; an indiscretion. Hopefully he can learn from it to turn his work ethic around to go along with hopefully never making this mistake again.
    I don't think drinking and driving is just an indiscretion... it's very very dangerous

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
      For some states theres no difference, but in other states a DWI is given when the BAC is over the .08 limit, while DUI is given to people under .08
      Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
      DWI = driving while intoxicated; DUI = driving under the influence. or atleast thats how i know it. i'm not sure but i believe DWI is worse than DUI.
      They are the same, just different terms.

Neither is worse than the other

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
        uhhh, what?
        ST Tackles

afaik = as far as i know

Comment

So a lot of you seem to think he's a busted pick...is it laziness? Too slow? College skills didn't translate?

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
            Yeah, I'm really glad now we took Sidney Rice over him.
            I wanted Rice more than Jarrett but the guy's only 21 its probably an honest mistake, Hurney's giving him a starting role this year. I don't expect huge things but somewhere in the 400 yards category with moose and taylor that's all he'll need to be considered a success.

Fox doesn't like using rookie's too much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
              I wanted Rice more than Jarrett but the guy's only 21 its probably an honest mistake, Hurney's giving him a starting role this year. I don't expect huge things but somewhere in the 400 yards category with moose and taylor that's all he'll need to be considered a success.

Fox doesn't like using rookie's too much anyway.
              I wouldnt call 400 yards a success, I wouldnt even really judge him off his yardage because he never has and probably wont do much after the catch, but around 4-5 tds would be considered a success if he can at least be the red zone threat he was in college...Right now he looks like his career is going to be a poor mans ernest wilford, but he still has plenty of time to change, just from what ive read his work ethic is so poor Im not expecting much more from him.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                So a lot of you seem to think he's a busted pick...is it laziness? Too slow? College skills didn't translate?
                i'd say he doesn't have the work ethic, maturity, and his lack of speed obviously is a factor, but with work ethic he could overcome those things

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                  They are the same, just different terms.

Neither is worse than the other
                  Not that it matters, but what cash money said is right. Over .08 DWI, under .08 DUI. So DWI is worse in a manner of speaking. Thats how it works in NY at least.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

Originally posted by Vilma the Animal View Post
                    Not that it matters, but what cash money said is right. Over .08 DWI, under .08 DUI. So DWI is worse in a manner of speaking. Thats how it works in NY at least.
                    Yea, I don't think he saw that I said it varies from state to state.

Comment

what a moron!
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        I don't think drinking and driving is just an indiscretion... it's very very dangerous
                        I'm still going to say it was a large indiscretion. Yes, it is very dangerous, but like it or not there are hundreds of thousands of people driving under the influence every year. Sorry if I come off as saying it isn't a big deal, because it certainly is very dangerous and stupid, but I'm still saying that there is no reason this should ruin his life or anything like that. He's lucky that nobody was hurt (as far as I know), and hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Maybe this could be a wake up call for him and he'll get his act together on the field as well.

Comment

This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.

Busts:
                          Mike Williams
                          Kenechi Udeze
                          Shaun Cody
                          Jacob Rogers
                          Darnell Bing
                          Dominique Byrd
                          Frostee Rucker

Produced:
                          Justin Fargas***
                          Troy Polamalu***
                          Carson Palmer***
                          Lofa Tatupu
                          Mike Patterson
                          Deuce Lutui

In Limbo of both:
                          Reggie Bush
                          Lendale White
                          Winston Justice
                          Matt Leinart
                          Keary Colbert

*** Not really Pete Carroll recruits but Ill give him credit for coaching.

Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.

I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.

Comment

Thank GOD we took Bowe

Comment

Is this really worthy of a thread? He had six catches...

Comment

He's a waste of a thread...wait, why am I contributing to this?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information