Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panthers Jarrett gets DWI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
    This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.


    Busts:
    Mike Williams
    Kenechi Udeze
    Shaun Cody
    Jacob Rogers
    Darnell Bing
    Dominique Byrd
    Frostee Rucker

    Produced:
    Justin Fargas***
    Troy Polamalu***
    Carson Palmer***
    Lofa Tatupu
    Mike Patterson
    Deuce Lutui

    In Limbo of both:
    Reggie Bush
    Lendale White
    Winston Justice
    Matt Leinart
    Keary Colbert


    *** Not really Pete Carroll recruits but Ill give him credit for coaching.


    Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.


    I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.
    Steve Smith on the Giants looks good. Without him, I doubt they make it to and win the superbowl. He bailed them out of a handful of key 3rd downs in the playoffs.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
      Is this really worthy of a thread? He had six catches...
      He was considered a fringe first rounder just last year so why not?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        Steve Smith on the Giants looks good. Without him, I doubt they make it to and win the superbowl. He bailed them out of a handful of key 3rd downs in the playoffs.
        smith kept many drives alive. i was surprised how much of an impact he actually had.


        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

        Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
          I'm still going to say it was a large indiscretion. Yes, it is very dangerous, but like it or not there are hundreds of thousands of people driving under the influence every year. Sorry if I come off as saying it isn't a big deal, because it certainly is very dangerous and stupid, but I'm still saying that there is no reason this should ruin his life or anything like that. He's lucky that nobody was hurt (as far as I know), and hopefully he will learn from his mistake. Maybe this could be a wake up call for him and he'll get his act together on the field as well.
          I'd like to see what he blew. If it was like a .08 or .09 than, yeah, it was wrong, but up until recently most states had .10 as the legal limit. I'm sure on a given night there's a lot of people behind the wheel with .08-.1 BAC, people that would normally be considered somewhat respectable.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
            He was considered a fringe first rounder just last year so why not?
            Heres what I know:

            The guy has a big frame, enough speed for his size, dependable hands and good ability in the red zone.

            He's slightly lazy, steve smith got annoyed at him for not reading his playbook, not being studious enough and not working hard enough.

            The front office has publicly stated he's currently number 2 on the depth chart. Its also been said he's been working out with a receiving guru and is looking like someone who wants to be a key contributor next year.

            ake Delhomme says he "truly believes" that Dwayne Jarrett "is going to be a big help to us this year."
            "He's got the ability, that's easy to see, and last year was honestly a redshirt year for him," Delhomme said. "I have no doubt he's going to come to play this year." Jarrett was just beginning to crack the lineup as a rookie before spraining his knee late in the year. He'll face a challenge, but it wouldn't be a surprise if he's starting opposite Steve Smith in 2008


            My fair weather fan guess is that he did have struggles and then got his ass kicked into gear because of it. After that he hurt himself somewhat and was forced to play sparingly.

            I don't know what to make of the situation in total. I don't really like it though.

            Comment


            • #36
              What did you expect the teams qb to do, trash him in an interview? Of course he's going to say those things, Ill believe it when I see a glimpse of something on the field.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
                This is a serious question. How many USC players have been busts and how many have actually produced??? In the Pete Carroll era at least. I just feel like all USC players seem to be overrated. This is my chart of players under Carroll who were drafted in the top 4 rounds and how theyve turned out.


                Busts:
                Mike Williams
                Kenechi Udeze
                Shaun Cody
                Jacob Rogers
                Darnell Bing
                Dominique Byrd
                Frostee Rucker

                Produced:
                Justin Fargas***
                Troy Polamalu***
                Carson Palmer***
                Lofa Tatupu
                Mike Patterson
                Deuce Lutui

                In Limbo of both:
                Reggie Bush
                Lendale White
                Winston Justice
                Matt Leinart
                Keary Colbert


                *** Not really Pete Carroll recruits but Ill give him credit for coaching.


                Way too early to do 07 players, but Jarrett is looking like a definite bust, Steve Smith nothing more than a #3, I honestly don't know much about Ryan Kalil.


                I mean the success rate is still pretty good for the NFL, but I just feel USC players get overhyped because all they do is win.

                Well he isn't going to be nothing more than a 3 until Toomer retires. But he contributed big time for us in the playoffs, especially in the superbowl. He works hard and is very mature from what I been reading, and will only get better as he plays in this league. Also, let's not forget he was hurt for more than 11 weeks or something like that. So he just started to come on when we needed him most.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                  Well he isn't going to be nothing more than a 3 until Toomer retires. But he contributed big time for us in the playoffs, especially in the superbowl. He works hard and is very mature from what I been reading, and will only get better as he plays in this league. Also, let's not forget he was hurt for more than 11 weeks or something like that. So he just started to come on when we needed him most.
                  Somebody could get injured.

                  As for the list above of USC players. All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries. Colbert wouldn't be with the Panthers if they had any other decent WR besides Smith. The Eagles are patiently waiting for Winston Justice to show something to make them believe he is starting material.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                    Somebody could get injured.

                    As for the list above of USC players. All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries. Colbert wouldn't be with the Panthers if they had any other decent WR besides Smith. The Eagles are patiently waiting for Winston Justice to show something to make them believe he is starting material.
                    Except for Lenwhale.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I'd drink too if I had a schnoze like that and two first names.

                      What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

                      2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        All of the guys listed in limbo seem to be closer to the bust list. Bush and Lineart were close to losing their starting jobs pre-injuries.
                        Err.... wrong.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                        We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Article said he was arrested in Mint Hill Charlotte, NC so I did a google search for jail bookings in that area and found his mug shot,

                          http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/search?q=Dwayne+Jarrett

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by FloridaFootball View Post
                            Article said he was arrested in Mint Hill Charlotte, NC so I did a google search for jail bookings in that area and found his mug shot,

                            http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/search?q=Dwayne+Jarrett
                            Nice investigating you did there.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              What did you expect the teams qb to do, trash him in an interview? Of course he's going to say those things, Ill believe it when I see a glimpse of something on the field.
                              I'd expect him just to say something like "no comment"

                              The panthers organization is lethal to the media. Hell the website I write for occasionally got into trouble because apparently someone read what I had to say and hated it (I trashed them and their handling of a game) and then the next day it was gone from the website.

                              The site's owner even had his press pass taken off him.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                .12...... hes done

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information