Breakout Players of 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Turner - finally starting, i think he's gonna be a top 10 back

Boss Bailey - hasnt really done anything to make be believe he'll "break out" but he's so athletic and maybe a change of scenery/change of defensive scheme will help (basically i always liked him even though he was a Lion and still think he could be a great player)

Just 2 that come to the top of my head. Also agree with GreatVilma about Calvin Johnson and David Harris, think they'll both have great years.
    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

I kind of think David Harris already "broke out" last year really. He already had a season with 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 FF, and 3 passes defensed. If he improves on those numbers, that's just beastly. My pick would be Lamarr Woodley. had 4 sacks in very limited snaps last year, and played great in the playoffs when he actually got a chance to see some extended playing time.

Originally posted by Jakey
      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
        I kind of think David Harris already "broke out" last year really. He already had a season with 127 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 FF, and 3 passes defensed. If he improves on those numbers, that's just beastly. My pick would be Lamarr Woodley. had 4 sacks in very limited snaps last year, and played great in the playoffs when he actually got a chance to see some extended playing time.
        yeah i guess. He had a great year but I guess I'm thinking with him that "break out" is gonna be slightly better stats but a lot more recognition of him around the league and on TV coverage of him as a top linebacker.

Forgot about Woodley, that's a great pick as well.
        JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

I would say R. Bush and not just becouse im a Saints fan. Its his third year and Duece will be back. I think he will be able to once again line up everywhere and he will put up some numbers this year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I saw a lot of Harris play and I have to say that although the numbers are impressive, he didn't play as well as they indicate. He was good but he wasn't that dominant. He made a ton of tackles 6-8 yards off the LOS. Teams would run all day on the Jets. Although if it wasn't for Harris teams may have been running at 10 yards a clip off the Jets.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
              I will go with Steve Smith for us, now that he got big game experience of us. I look for him to be a bigger impact for us. Also, Ahmad Bradshaw playing from day 1 rather than late in the season.
              Agreed on Bradshaw. It is hard to imagine he only started getting carries week 14 or 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                I saw a lot of Harris play and I have to say that although the numbers are impressive, he didn't play as well as they indicate. He was good but he wasn't that dominant. He made a ton of tackles 6-8 yards off the LOS. Teams would run all day on the Jets. Although if it wasn't for Harris teams may have been running at 10 yards a clip off the Jets.
                I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.

EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.
                Last edited by ironman4579; 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.
                  You could. I think I actually did say that earlier in the season. Although I didn't see a much as Willis. When I'm not at my friends house who has Sunday ticket, the Jets are the only other team than the Giants I see. So I see a lot of them. Although when the 49ers played the Giants, it was much of the same I saw with Willis. Giants had their way with them in the run game and Willis racked up a bunch of tackles the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    You could. I think I actually did say that earlier in the season. Although I didn't see a much as Willis. When I'm not at my friends house who has Sunday ticket, the Jets are the only other team than the Giants I see. So I see a lot of them. Although when the 49ers played the Giants, it was much of the same I saw with Willis. Giants had their way with them in the run game and Willis racked up a bunch of tackles the same way.
                    I did a little edit above.

Comment

Breakout Eagles players:

Victor Abiamiri DE (Will get a lot of time in the rotation behind Juqua Thomas and Trent Cole and Chris Clemons)

Brodrick Bunkley DT (After a full year of starting and more experience out of his belt he should reach his potential soon)

Donovan McNabb QB (He is already a great player, but he will return to pro bowl status this year and will be the best NFC QB again, he had a great year this year just had a bad start which overshadowed his season)

Comment

EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.
                        The all weren't obviously, but Harris did have quite the knack of getting tackles like that. The Redskins game jumps into my mind off the top of my head. Redskins won in OT but Portis had a big day and Harris racked up a bunch of tackles because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles own the NFC East View Post
                          Breakout Eagles players:

Victor Abiamiri DE (Will get a lot of time in the rotation behind Juqua Thomas and Trent Cole and Chris Clemons)

Brodrick Bunkley DT (After a full year of starting and more experience out of his belt he should reach his potential soon)

Donovan McNabb QB (He is already a great player, but he will return to pro bowl status this year and will be the best NFC QB again, he had a great year this year just had a bad start which overshadowed his season)
                          I completely forgot about Abiamiri as a possible breakout player, but I think it is one season too soon for him. He may have a good year this year as the starter in the rotation, but I don't expect him to go crazy this year, or any year for that matter in terms of sack numbers.
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Other breakout players in the NFL:

Calvin Johnson- Had a promising rookie season, but he can do a whole lot better with his massive potential.

Jay Cutler- Him and Brandon Marshall are developing great chemistry. He had a great year last year that went unnoticed because of the poor season of the Broncos. He should improve even more this year.

Ahmad Bradshaw- You could say he already broke out in the playoffs last year and the end of the regular season, but being the lighting to Jacob's thunder should give him a good season.

Mark Bradley- The replacement for Bernard Berrian in Chicago, has the talent to succeed if his QB's get him the ball

Aaron Rodgers- The popular choice for good reasons. He learned behind Farve for 3 seasons one of the best to play the game has a good coaching staff around him, good playmakers, and a weak division, how can he not succeed? He has all the tools also to be a good QB in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              I completely forgot about Abiamiri as a possible breakout player, but I think it is one season too soon for him. He may have a good year this year as the starter in the rotation, but I don't expect him to go crazy this year, or any year for that matter in terms of sack numbers.
                              I'm not saying hes going to get a lot of sacks, just in general he will get a lot more playing time and will develop more as a player. IMO hes never going to really be a sack artist but will be a good force at DE and fits our rotation well with relatively smaller DE's. Plus I'm somewhat a homer for him because he went to Gilman High School which is 5 minutes away from me.

Comment

Matt Schaub, DeAngelo Williams, Sidney Rice

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information