No announcement yet.

Breakout Players of 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the bengals we should have a good number of players break out this year:
    Odell Thurman- already broke out i guess but should have a solid comeback.
    Ahmad Brooks- Is a monster waiting to be unleashed.
    Domata Peko- with some help along side him he could flourish.
    Kenny Irons- I sure hope hes healthy this season.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

^^^ I'm a Steelers fan so here comes the lame joke. Aren't there more Bengals than that that have the chance to break out next year?? Like nine right?? Break out.....of jail. BWHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I'm bored at work. Twas funny in my head.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Breakout Eagles players:

Victor Abiamiri DE (Will get a lot of time in the rotation behind Juqua Thomas and Trent Cole and Chris Clemons)

Brodrick Bunkley DT (After a full year of starting and more experience out of his belt he should reach his potential soon)

Donovan McNabb QB (He is already a great player, but he will return to pro bowl status this year and will be the best NFC QB again, he had a great year this year just had a bad start which overshadowed his season)
        add Stewart Bradley, going to be starting at MLB this year, and I think he'll play really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          The all weren't obviously, but Harris did have quite the knack of getting tackles like that. The Redskins game jumps into my mind off the top of my head. Redskins won in OT but Portis had a big day and Harris racked up a bunch of tackles because of it.
          Well here's the thing. Just looking from week 8 on, when Harris took over the starting role, he had 100 tackles (give or take a couple of special teams tackles) Of those 16 were for no gain or a loss, 46 were from 1-4 yards from the LOS, and 38 were 5 or more yards from the LOS. So that's 62 tackles within 4 yards of the LOS, and 38 beyond that. I would not be surprised to see a similiar split among just about every linebacker in the league right now.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
            I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.

EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.
            Not really, we were actually pretty good against the run. Sure the amount of rushing yards against is high, but that's only a result of the amount of time the defense was on the field. Teams averaged just 3.8 ypc against us(tied for 4th in the league), and Willis contributed a large part to that. If you watched a majority of the games, you'd see that most of his tackles were in and around the LOS.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
              I think you could say the same thing for Patrick Willis as well though. Alot of his tackles weren't within 3 or 4 yards of the LOS either.

EDIT: I don't know that you can say he made a ton 6-8 yards off the LOS either. I'd be willing to bet quite a few of his tackles were within 4 yards of the LOS.
              It's true Willis made alot of tackles a few yards off the LOS early in the year, but later in the year he really dominated some games.

Specifically Willis made sweet, sweet tender love to the TB offense and they enjoyed it.

Also the 49er defense was actually very good against the run in a per rush basis thanks to Willis, unfortunately they were always on the field.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                  ^^^ I'm a Steelers fan so here comes the lame joke. Aren't there more Bengals than that that have the chance to break out next year?? Like nine right?? Break out.....of jail. BWHAHAHA!!!

Sorry, I'm bored at work. Twas funny in my head.
                  i thought it was funny...FWIW

for the ravens...

demetrius williams- should have a huge year at WR, tons of talent, has shown flashes of brillianceover the past few years.

troy smith/kyle boller- whoever starts at QB, i think will have a successful season. Boller has all the tools, the only tangible raeson he is no good right nwo is cause Fassel is a tool. As was Neuheisel. I think that Cam Cameron will work wonders with our starting QB. unless of course by some way of magic, mcnair wins it, then we are ****** anyways.

umm on defense...i think terrell suggs has a huge bounce back year, wat with everyone coming back healthy...ngata has pretty much broken out, everyone knows he is a manimal...OH wow

antwan barnes- I fully expect 8-10 sacks from barnes...should spell jarrat johnson nicely on passing downs and help replace some of that pass rush skill we lost with adalius.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Chansi Stuckey and Justin Miller. Both off the IR. Clemson Boys
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Kellen Clemens for QB.

Comment

Hopefully Justin Gage.

Comment

Maybe Kerry Rhodes will make the Pro Bowl this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                            Nah. Its a popularity contest and he's not there yet. Maybe in '10
                            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Deangelo Williams
                              Anthony Spencer
                              Greg Olson
                              Mercedes Lewis
                              Michael Turner
                              Jacoby Jones
                              Lendale White
                              Calvin Johnson

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                                Not if Troy P. plays in one game atleast. He needs a staple. Poly has the hair. What does Kerry have??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information