Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos fire GM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3290462

Broncos GM Ted Sundquist was just fired. Kinda surprised about the timing of it. Why wait til the middle of the off-season if something was wrong?? Curious to other's thoughts on this and if anything knows more than what this article has.
    JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Right before the draft? Kinda weird. You expect this stuff before the off season. Maybe now we can get a D-Rob for picks or Foxworth trade..
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Dont know much about him but they had to have had a very good reason to make this move since its such a bad time of the year. Middle of FA and almost the draft...

Comment

Am i mistaken in thinking that Mike Shanahan makes all the draft picks?

Originally posted by mythbusta
        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
        who dey?

Comment

i don't know much about the broncos, but from the outside...they have a qb of the future, always set at rb, great secondary...not their fault that they play the colts every year in the playoffs. they had one down year last year but were 7-9, pretty much won the games they should have, and had two players die before the season. rough year. Millen stays but yet Sundquist goes...
          SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
          Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
            ...Millen stays but yet Sundquist goes...
            That's what makes the NFL so interesting isn't it?

Comment

Via Jets Discussion Thread

"Apparently, NFL Radio’s Solomon Wilcotts is reporting that the Jets and Broncos are back around the negotiation table, working “feverishly” to try and hammer out a deal for Dewayne Robertson."
              Interesting.
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Don't know much about the guy or the team, but I am shocked by the timing.
                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

My honest guess is simple - my guess is that Shanny wanted something and managed to get Sundquist fired. Just a guess, nothing to base it on. Sundquist was the final scapegoat there. If Shanny can't turn things around, he might be gone sooner than later. Make or break time. I can see a D.Rob deal happening now - that feels very much like a Shanny move and they do have that extra 4th to play with.

Comment

Lets hope this doesn't screw them over as far as the draft goes.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      My honest guess is simple - my guess is that Shanny wanted something and managed to get Sundquist fired. Just a guess, nothing to base it on. Sundquist was the final scapegoat there. If Shanny can't turn things around, he might be gone sooner than later. Make or break time. I can see a D.Rob deal happening now - that feels very much like a Shanny move and they do have that extra 4th to play with.
                      That's right, i forgot they had the extra 4th. That seems like a logical reason for him being fired, it'll be interesting to see the broncos' official word on it.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Shanahan has been GM before, I'm sure he can do it on a temporary basis for the draft, though I don't want that if I'm a Broncos fan.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

His name reminds me of Sunkist.

BoneKrusher

Comment

This could get interesting!
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

This Sundquist guy is just the fall guy. Shanahan has complete control over the personnel desisions, has for years. In fact it was probably Shanahan who fired his "GM".
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information