X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lions cut loose former starting running back Jones

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3291948

Matthew 19:26
    Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

wow. big news. definitely going RB in the first now. i mean Bell was only signed for a year right?? that doesn't scream franchise RB. and with the top 3 all being really friggin' good, they got to grab one of them.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Wow so they lost him and duckett? Now everyone's mock draft has them taking a RB first. maybe even a trade to mcfadden. that'd be smart considering they deal with AD twice a year.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

HA! I KNEW it!!!

Lions fans have been overrating Jones for years. He's a marginal starting back at best, and that's when he's healthy. I am suprised they cut him, but they were going to address the starting spot in this draft anyway. Hello Mendenhall or J-Stew.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Lions cut Kevin Jones

In a surprising move, the Lions cut Kevin Jones today.

http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=469608

Comment

We've been talking about this in the Lions team forum for a little bit. Here is what I said there:

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            Assuming this is true, I'm not actually THAT surprised. Kevin was good when he was healthy, he was just never healthy. He was going to be a free agent after this season any way and had little to no trade value. Although, this probably means we are going to draft a Running Back in the 1st round.

Comment

good for the lions. The guy was never healthy and never got back to his rookie year form. He cant still turn his career around, but no the lions dont have to feel tied to him and they can get Mendenhall or Stewart.

Maybe seattle can get him

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I would love to see him in Green Bay and running in a ZBS, isn't that what he was running in college?

What teams could make an offer to him?

Comment

He is a player I like. Not overly shifty but good speed and toughness inside the tackles, and he catches the ball really well.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                    wow. big news. definitely going RB in the first now. i mean Bell was only signed for a year right?? that doesn't scream franchise RB. and with the top 3 all being really friggin' good, they got to grab one of them.
                    I agree RB 1st round big cut for them.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I would love him to rotate with Barber, I wanted him instead of Julius that year anyway, and he has a good combination of strength and speed to add receiving skills, this is probably even worse news for Shaun Alexander who will miss out on another opportunity...

wouldnt be surprised to see alot of teams interested in KJ, the Titans are one team who comes to mind.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        HA! I KNEW it!!!

Lions fans have been overrating Jones for years. He's a marginal starting back at best, and that's when he's healthy. I am suprised they cut him, but they were going to address the starting spot in this draft anyway. Hello Mendenhall or J-Stew.
                        You just completely described Cedric Benson to a T.

You're team should be looking for a running back as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post

Did he ever mention Benson or the Bears running back situation in the post? Didn't think so. Also, you're name is pretty incorrect. The sign goes the other way.

Come back when you have something to offer.

Comment

What do they have for running backs other than Tatum Bell now?

Comment

Originally posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post

Any real football fan would know that what the Bears really need to be looking for first is a new offensive line.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information