Broncos aquire Dre Bly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
    So what kind of combination of drugs does it take to get fleeced by Matt Millen in a trade? hahahaha.
    you think denver ended up on the bad end? how, exactly?

Comment

Seriously, I think it works out well for both teams. Bly wasn't coming back to Detroit, and Bell wasn't happy in Denver. Foster was a throw-in for value, but he was replacable for the Broncos. Foster at RT means the Lions can focus on a stronger skill position player at #2 overall. Joe Thomas likely is not going to Detroit now. Bell is good KJones insurance, but the Lions should consider a 4th round (give or take) RB.

Am I crazy to think that the Lions now dangle the #2 pick to Arizona (Joe Thomas) for a bunch of picks, then try to get a guy like Chris Houston or Leon Hall in Round 1?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by njx9 View Post
        i'm assuming you're not serious, xio..
        Half serious. But it looks like we are a lock to sign Kevin Curtis so I know it won't happen.

I just think you take the best player available, and now that we have no need for Joe Thomas, it's difficult to say which player we will take at #2. I still adamently believe they won't take a QB.

Who does that leave? Gaines Adams? Trade Down? That's about it.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Seriously, I think it works out well for both teams. Bly wasn't coming back to Detroit, and Bell wasn't happy in Denver. Foster was a throw-in for value, but he was replacable for the Broncos. Foster at RT means the Lions can focus on a stronger skill position player at #2 overall. Joe Thomas likely is not going to Detroit now. Bell is good KJones insurance, but the Lions should consider a 4th round (give or take) RB.

Am I crazy to think that the Lions now dangle the #2 pick to Arizona (Joe Thomas) for a bunch of picks, then try to get a guy like Chris Houston or Leon Hall in Round 1?
          With the 5th overall pick?
          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by njx9 View Post
            you think denver ended up on the bad end? how, exactly?
            well bell is a pretty good back and a starter. he is really just for insurace but can be a really productive 2nd back. foster was a starter for a good while and is an inprovement probable over what detroit has

dre bly just didnt seem to fit in with detroit any more now that they are a cover 2.

both teams i think gained something from this trade, but in overall value i think bell and foster are worth more than just bly

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Problem is that we aren't gonna take Thomas now and Arizona knows that. Now that it appears that Thomas will fall to Cleveland though, Arizona might become a bit more desperate. It's a strange scenario.

Detroit would love to take Adams/Anderson, but I am not sure they'd do it without a trade down.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Good trade, now all speculatin of having him (Bly) come to N.O. can end.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

Who thinks Denver makes a move up to grab Marshawn Lynch? I do . . .
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    That's exactly what I'm afraid of. :(
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Problem is that we aren't gonna take Thomas now and Arizona knows that. Now that it appears that Thomas will fall to Cleveland though, Arizona might become a bit more desperate. It's a strange scenario.

Detroit would love to take Adams/Anderson, but I am not sure they'd do it without a trade down.
                      We'd love to trade with you!!!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

um... is it just me or did Detroit not just get ripped off ?

Tatum Bell didn't even look that good in Denver... Hell, Olandis Gary looked good in Denver. Same with countless other RB's. Tatum Bell is gonna look terrible in Detroit, and George Foster? Big deal!

Dre Bly was the Lions best defensive player... Denver got a GREAT deal.

Detroit now has the worst secondary in the league.. nice job.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

dammit, now the Broncos are gonna draft DeShawn Wynn. I want him on the Giants dammit!!!

Comment

I think it is beneficial for both. Bly as the number 2 corner in Denver is a good fit. We will find out quickly if Bly is overrated because he will get picked on, not Champ Bailey. Bly will get ints though and make some big plays.

Secondly, Detroit saves 2.5 mil in cap space. Bly was as good as gone next year and didn't fit the Cover 2 at all (he had his worst year this past year). Also, Detroit finally gets a decent(not great) Right Tackle compared to the greatness of bust Stockar McDougle,Kelly Butler, Rex Tucker, Barry Stokes and a rookie Jonathan Scott. Foster seems like a mauler and can run block I would assume since he was a starter in Denver. He has some chemistry with Tatum Bell already. Tatum Bell provides KJ insurance, but when KJ comes back we have solid 1-2 punch like most good teams have nowadays.

Comment

Why didn't the Broncos like Tatum Bell?

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

For some reason, I think they'll get a guy like Antonio Pittman in the second, or something like that.

For some reason, I've been really intrigued at the prospect of Denver drafting Brad Lester (Auburn) next year. He is absolutely perfect for their system.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information