Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
    Why didn't the Broncos like Tatum Bell?
    Because they can stick any one of us back there and get 1000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      For some reason, I think they'll get a guy like Antonio Pittman in the second, or something like that.

For some reason, I've been really intrigued at the prospect of Denver drafting Brad Lester (Auburn) next year. He is absolutely perfect for their system.
      No, Shannahan doesn't draft day 1 RBs. He's getting Wynn in day 2. Downhill runner with speed and power. He's a perfect fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigo View Post
        um... is it just me or did Detroit not just get ripped off ?

Tatum Bell didn't even look that good in Denver... Hell, Olandis Gary looked good in Denver. Same with countless other RB's. Tatum Bell is gonna look terrible in Detroit, and George Foster? Big deal!

Dre Bly was the Lions best defensive player... Denver got a GREAT deal.

Detroit now has the worst secondary in the league.. nice job.
        Detroit wan't ripped off at all. Bly was gonna get RELEASED today if we didn't trade him. We would have gotten nothing in return for him.

Detroit has so much more flexibility in the draft now. They don't have to take Thomas at 2. They don't need to worry about Kevin Jones' recovery so much.

Great trade on both ends.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Tatum Bell didn't even look that good in Denver... Hell, Olandis Gary looked good in Denver. Same with countless other RB's. Tatum Bell is gonna look terrible in Detroit, and George Foster? Big deal!

I think it's just you, actually. Bly wanted out of Detroit, and Detroit wanted Bly out. He did not have a good season, and his trade value was at its highest right now. Bly wasn't going to be with the team, so they made moves to solidify some things before the draft.

Tatum Bell is a pretty good RB with break-away speed. He showed he can do well in spurts last season. He can also catch passes out of the backfield. Detroit got a RB they can live with until KJones recovers. This removes an immediate draft need for the time being.

George Foster is a good, but not great, RT. He has an affordable contract and can run and pass block well. He solidifies the Lions OLine for the time being.

So, for a player who wanted out and wasn't going to make a huge impact for their team, the Lions filled some holes and also pared some salary off their cap. They can now take the BPA with their pick or move down. I think the Lions got the better end of it. The Broncos did well, but they gave up 2 contributors for 1 better player. I think the Lions are better now than they were before. The Broncos have a few questions going into the draft.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            No, Shannahan doesn't draft day 1 RBs. He's getting Wynn in day 2. Downhill runner with speed and power. He's a perfect fit.
            Bell was a day 1 back. As was Portis. Even Clarett was a day one RB.

Comment

Matt Millen is got hosed!!

Comment

Lions best defensive player? What part of "doesn't fit the cover 2" didnt you get? Or, was it the "Shaun Rogers" or "Ernie Sims" that you missed?

Both teams benefited greatly. Bell is definately not a bad back, and Foster is an upgrade over many players on our OLine. And... we didn't want Bly.

You can have him. Enjoy the bitching, whining and disrespect towards teammates.
                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Clinton Portis? Tatum Bell?

Comment

Good points, Tactica. See my post above. We agree.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I think I could get 1000 in Denver.

This continues the endless loop of 1000 yard RB's from Denver who get traded and do nothing for the rest of their career. End up working at some gas station remembering the days they were 1000 yard rushers.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Detroit got a draft pick in this trade too? Reportedly a 5th rounder . . .

I missed that! This just keeps getting better.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                          Lions best defensive player? What part of "doesn't fit the cover 2" didnt you get? Or, was it the "Shaun Rogers" or "Ernie Sims" that you missed?

Both teams benefited greatly. Bell is definately not a bad back, and Foster is an upgrade over many players on our OLine. And... we didn't want Bly.

You can have him. Enjoy the bitching, whining and disrespect towards teammates.
                          My bad, I forgot about Shaun Rogers cause he was hurt for so long.

I would ***** and moan if I was in Detroit too.

Thanks jkpigskin!

Comment

Wow. I am surprised. Though, there was a pretty strong trade market for Bly's services. Other teams were bidding. Denver must really like Bly...

Comment

No, he's not a perfect fit because, like I've told you before, he sucks. He's a classic example of a guy who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

Comment

Trying out a few things and I just merged my first posts. I was trying to merge Paul's thread into Vince's, guess I did it wrong. =\

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information