Broncos aquire Dre Bly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    No, he's not a perfect fit because, like I've told you before, he sucks. He's a classic example of a guy who looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.
    First, my bad on the Shannahan not drafting day 1 RBs, I was wrong.

2nd...shoot, how many "Janes" did Shannahan convert to Tarzans already? He can make it work.

Comment

good trade for both teams...i like what detroit has now with a healthy kevin jones and tatum bell splitting the carries, and help on the O line, but i wouldnt throw away the joe thomas pick nor would i the calvin johnson pick, or even quinn....

matt millen isnt the type to always think trade down, he strikes me as the guy who would rather have the superstar....joe thomas would leave make them go from a horrible O line to very good and young, with 2 good young backs, and a nice WR core....

i think kitna could win some games with that O, and i think thats their best pick there, unless arizona wants to jump up maybe they can still grab a defensive player...

and in denvers case its brilliant i think, bell was easily replacable as much as he was hurt, as good as he was, they can find another one just as easy...and they secondary is sick now, bly will be even better opposite bailey, and he didnt have that complement in detroit...i think denver drafts a RB but it might be sooner then we are used to this year

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Lions | Pick received from Denver as part of trade compensation
        Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:26:57 -0800

Updating previous reports, Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos also traded an undisclosed draft choice, which is believed to be a fifth-round pick, to the Detroit Lions in exchange for CB Dre' Bly. As reported, the Broncos also parted ways with RB Tatum Bell and OT George Foster.

KFFL.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

2nd...shoot, how many "Janes" did Shannahan convert to Tarzans already? He can make it work.
          Meh...I've just seen enough of the guy to really, really doubt how much pro potential he has.

When you look at him on paper, you think to yourself "damn, this is the player that Maurice Clarett was supposed to be." Then, you watch him play, see that he has no burst and gets brought down by arm tackles, and you get turned off.

Comment

I think Antonio Pittman would be an awesome fit in Denver. He's a one cut back with great speed who has been compared over and over again to none other than former Bronco 2nd round pick, Clinton Portis.

Comment

bly is a great fit in denver,he fills a need and the lions got a great deal for him, now they can draft gaines to help out

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                I think Antonio Pittman would be an awesome fit in Denver. He's a one cut back with great speed who has been compared over and over again to none other than former Bronco 2nd round pick, Clinton Portis.
                Portis is actually exactly who I was thinking of when I said Pittman.

Comment

1. Tatum Bell is worst cutback runner in NFL history in terms of the speed he has. He cant use it for his benefit. Have fun with that Detroit..

2. George Foster.... just sucks

3. Dre Bly and Champ Bailey both cause Turnovers, now more people will throw to champ.

4. now we have no needs at CB, and we might actually draft a high profile RB!!!

Comment

Both teams made out pretty well. Denver didn't lose anything, both of those players are expendable to them. They did make their dominant defense even better though and filled a major hole. I think Bly will do much better with a new team and when he has better players around him.

Bly didn't really fit in Detroit but they gained 2 players that should really improve their depth and/or start at times.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

That is a STEAL for the Lions. Millen actually makes a good deal....great one at that.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                        Tatum Bell is worst cutback runner in NFL history in terms of the speed he has. He cant use it for his benefit. Have fun with that Detroit...
                        Have you ever noticed that Mike Martz doesn't run much of a cut-back running scheme? I think TBell's skill set fits nicely with what the Lions do. He is a stopgap until KJones rehabs.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

actually after the last draft shannahan said he would have taken a RB 1st round if one of the better ones was still there.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

This is all a moot point. "Never" can become "sometimes" ever 15 min-utes in every draft situation...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If we played them T.O. and Terry Glenn will still light 'em up!!!

lol, good trade for the broncos though, I think they won more than Detroit.

Comment

so basicly... we got dre bly, & champ bailey for clinton portis, tatum bell and george foster and a 5th

hahahaha
                                w00t

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information