X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is one ridiculous corner tandem.

Comment

Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
      If we played them T.O. and Terry Glenn will still light 'em up!!!
      Dude, not everything in football has something to do with the Cowboys. When the Cowboys win a division title or a playoff game, you can talk about them in another team's thread... Leave it to the homer fans to bring an irrelevant point into an otherwise solid discussion...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

^true and nice

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Pittsburgh would probably be excited to trade down with Denver for Denver to take Lynch.

I however think Lorenzo Booker would be a great candidate. With Shanny being the offensive genius, Lorenzo Booker is the best receiving and shifty RB in the draft. Add Mike Bell and you have a solid Duo to build up your young offense with Jay Cutler.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I'm really not sure what to think of the trade. Foster was benched and Bell isn't a good fit, but Bly isn't really that great of a CB. If the Broncos can pick up a RB I like it, but right now I'm a bit iffy on it.

For the Lions, not sure if this has been discussed but does this lock up Quinn or Adams for them? I can't see them taking Thomas anymore.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

Pretty solid trade for both sides. Denvcer gets a starting corner opposite Champ, and Detroit gets a RB until Jones gets healthy, help on the O-Line and a draft pick

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Broncos | Team could be interested in J. Lewis
                Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:19:41 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Denver Broncos may be interested in signing free-agent RB Jamal Lewis after trading RB Tatum Bell to the Detroit Lions.

KFFL.com

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                  I'm really not sure what to think of the trade. Foster was benched and Bell isn't a good fit, but Bly isn't really that great of a CB. If the Broncos can pick up a RB I like it, but right now I'm a bit iffy on it.

For the Lions, not sure if this has been discussed but does this lock up Quinn or Adams for them? I can't see them taking Thomas anymore.

It doesnt rule out Thomas IMO. Who is going to stop taking the best LT in the draft because you just got a mediocre backup RT?

Comment

most likely the lions will go DE now or QB in Quinn because Foster will take over tackle and that means Joe Thomas is most likely not there pick

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Vikings4ever View Post
                      Broncos | Team could be interested in J. Lewis
                      Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:19:41 -0800

John Murphy, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Denver Broncos may be interested in signing free-agent RB Jamal Lewis after trading RB Tatum Bell to the Detroit Lions.

KFFL.com
                      they were looking at him last year too iirc

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                        It doesnt rule out Thomas IMO. Who is going to stop taking the best LT in the draft because you just got a mediocre backup RT?
                        You are partially right we could still take Thomas. Thomas could be the LT of the future. But Backus just got a huge deal at LT last offseason 40 mil. He is here for at least two more years because of his cap hit alone if traded/cut. Woody has a nice sized base salary(highest on the team), Foster probably has a decent salary being a former Round 1 pick and then Thomas would be making #2 money if taken. It might be worth it if we have a good O-line, but Thomas or Backus would now move to LG. I think it could be done, but that is a lot of money to pay for a LG with either Backus or Thomas. I think if that happened Thomas would play LG at first and then would move to LT eventually for the future as he gets used to the NFL. I would think the Lions would have the highest salaried O-line if we take Thomas.

The Lions really need a pass rush. Gaines Adams seems like a great pick to me. Marinelli knows a good DE when he sees it and I will have confidence in him if we take him because its Marinelli helping judge the talent.

As far as Foster, he is not a backup. He was benched at the end of last year because of weight issues. Denver runs the ZBS which requires smaller atheltic linemen. I think Foster could work in Detroit at Right Tackle. He certainly is an upgrade over Stockar McDougle, Kelly Butler,Rex Tucker, Barry Stokes and Jonathan Scott. Plus Foster has experience blocking for Tatum Bell. They know each other and Bell has had decent production and gives us that home run threat.

Comment

Great move, what a tandem.

Comment

Why was Bly an overrated, declining and "average" corner a week ago, and now forms "one of the best CB duos in the NFL"?

Fans are stupid.
                            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I don't know if I'm the first one to say this or not since I only skimmed through the first page, but WHY ON EARTH would the Lions not take Joe Thomas now? Do you guys really think that George f'n Foster is going to solve your O-Line problems?!
                              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                                I don't know if I'm the first one to say this or not since I only skimmed through the first page, but WHY ON EARTH would the Lions not take Joe Thomas now? Do you guys really think that George f'n Foster is going to solve your O-Line problems?!
                                Let me put this comment to rest: because the Lions don't just have 1 hole... the Lions have 5 or 6 holes. They need to fill CB, DE, MLB early in the draft, and someone in the Lions' management must think that Foster can come in and improve one of their positions. Read this:

Originally posted by mlive.com
                                (An aside here: At this point, I think the Lions would help themselves the most by taking tackle Joe Thomas, the second-best no-brainer in the draft. But you should know this -- the Lions aren't as concerned about their offensive line as you and I are. Sure, they'd like to upgrade it, but they don't think it's a ddesperate situation.)
                                So, no... JThomas isn't an option anymore. They'll target DE (Gaines Adams) without a trade down or MLB (Patrick Willis) with a trade down in the first round.

(Side note: the Lions' offense didn't have a bad year last year... and the OLine was injured for most of the year. Adding Foster and having the starters healthy will only improve things. With the singing of Curtis and the trade to grab Bell, the offense will run smoothly and put up better numbers than last year. The focus now is defense.)
                                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information