No announcement yet.

Broncos aquire Dre Bly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why would we sign an over the hill or over priced running back when there are several backs who would fit our system well in the draft? i also don't understand why we'd sign graham, when we already have alexander.

Comment

• I'm a Denver fan, and I agree with njx9 that Foster is a backup OL at best. He got benched last year because his play in games and practice was horrible, and if it weren't for Adam Meadows getting hurt, Foster would never have been back on the field. Foster is also responsible for Cutler's concussion against the 49ers, Foster giving one of his "Ole" blocks. Foster does not pass block very well and is adequate at best in the running game. Denver got most of its yards running to the left side of the line, not the right. I think people just see "Denver OT" and "Former 1st round pick" and think he is actually a very good OT when he is not.
      As for Tatum Bell, if he is such a good back, why did he have more fumbles than touchdowns last year? He has been hurt every year in the league, and I have no idea where it came from that he has good hands. He was hardly used as a receiver in Denver. He also has no vision, and no "power" to fight through a tackle or two. Isn't it funny Shanahan preferred an undrafted rookie RB in Mike Bell over Tatum Bell late in the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9 View Post
        why would we sign an over the hill or over priced running back when there are several backs who would fit our system well in the draft? i also don't understand why we'd sign graham, when we already have alexander.
        I don't know about you, but I think we need an experienced back. Anyways, I'd be more comfortable. However, I don't really like anyone we are supposedly going after.
        Lewis? Yuck
        Green? No thanks, too old
        McGahee? Heck no

As for Graham, he is a terrific blocking TE and would allow us to actually get rid of 2 of the TE's on our roster so we can use those spots for other needs. In a way, Graham > Alexander. However, I do not want him for the money he is likely to command, which is ridiculous if you ask me. Like $10 mil guaranteed and $5 mil per year average.

Comment

• Graham will come here cheaper

Comment

• im sorry, i may just not be seeing it, but what are the minuses to McGahee? Hes young, a solid runner, and will most likely be better than most anyone you can get in the draft. (Ok Lynch might be better but youd have to trade up to get him) Also the maturity issues really isnt a problem since you guys have a veteran such as Rod Smith who can help keep him in line.
            Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
            Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
              i wouldn't say maturity isn't an issue anywhere. maturity failed maurice clarett, dale carter and daryl gardner in denver (just for a few examples). i'm not sold on mcgahee as a cutback runner in denver's system, he's coming off two sub-4ypc seasons, he has an injury history, rumor (and please correct me, this is complete hearsay) has it that he didn't try very hard and that he didn't hit holes as hard as he needed to. the last one is the most damning in my mind. if true, then he's no better here than tatum was.
              Those points make me question McGahee. Heck, he didn't even get 1,000 yards last year and I hear Anthony Thomas performed better than he did in Buffalo. I think he still lives on the Miami hype when he was predicted to be a top 5 pick before his injury. He has one decent season and 2 subpar seasons. The only positive is he is still young, 25, and could get under track in Denver, but I'm skeptical.

Comment

• But for a third you could possibly get a stud. I dunno. McGahee looks attractive to me for the Broncos, but I dont understand their running attack so my opinion is moot. Regardless, i think its a viable option to look at.
                Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
                Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information