No announcement yet.

DeAngelo Hall traded to Raiders per ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Hall gives us one of the best pass defences in the league. Aso,Hall, Wilson and Huff in the secondary plus one of the best covering LB's in Thomas Howard should give us a top 5 defencive team against the pass. In the draft we need to draft atleast 3 defensive linemen to go along with mayb another outside lb and Oline. If we can trade Washington and Route for picks that would be great. Getting rid of Jordan should be our number 1 thing to do. Also resigning Gallery would save us a ton of cap space.

Overall I think Oakland with have a slight chance at the playoffs. It mostly depends on Russell. After seeing how he did on the last game last year the future seems bright. If we can get 15-20 tds from him we should be good. I think Oakland goes 6-10 to 8-8 this season.
    Last edited by RaiderNation; 03-21-2008, 03:12 PM.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      I still can't comprehend Oakland's cap situation... Someone please explain how they are not over the cap?
      Wilson, Kelly, Walker, and Fargas make a combined 2.8 million in base salary in 2008. Apparently Hall only makes 2 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
        Wilson, Kelly, Walker, and Fargas make a combined 2.8 million in base salary in 2008. Apparently Hall only makes 2 million.
        Which just means if the salary cap is saved then you guys are royally screwed before long.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Getting Hall gives us one of the best pass defences in the league. Aso,Hall, Wilson and Huff in the secondary plus one of the best covering LB's in Thomas Howard should give us a top 5 defencive team against the pass. In the draft we need to draft atleast 3 defensive linemen to go along with mayb another outside lb and Oline. If we can trade Washington and Route for picks that would be great. Getting rid of Jordan should be our number 1 thing to do. Also resigning Gallery would save us a ton of cap space.

Overall I think Oakland with have a slight chance at the playoffs. It mostly depends on Russell. After seeing how he did on the last game last year the future seems bright. If we can get 15-20 tds from him we should be good. I think Oakland goes 6-10 to 8-8 this season.
          Get 3 defensive linemen and an offensive lineman and another linebacker? With what draft picks?

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
            Which just means if the salary cap is saved then you guys are royally screwed before long.
            Not really. As I've said in this thread, Walker won't earn half the money in his contract (and probably won't be around for more than three years). Kelly doesn't really ever end up earning that much, but Oakland have a chance to cut him loose before he earns the majority of it if he doesn't end up being the kind of undertackle they hope he will be. Wilson probably won't make it to the end of his contract either. The Kwame Harris deal is probably in reality a one year signing.

Oakland is taking a risk with the future of the salary cap, but even if the cap continues to expand at it's current rate (remember when it was like 67 million in 2000?), and they cut the dead weight of player so all they are on the hook for is the guaranteed cash, they should be fine.

Comment

• uhh...

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
              We get it, you're a Chiefs fan and you hate the Raiders.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Get 3 defensive linemen and an offensive lineman and another linebacker? With what draft picks?

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                If we can trade Washington and Route for picks that would be great
                I think you have down syndrome or you cant read well.

also i didnt mention we might trade down since we probably cant pay the 4th overall pick
                Last edited by RaiderNation; 03-21-2008, 07:53 PM.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

with our 1st, 4th, 6th and 2 7th rounders, that's 5 picks and he mentioned 5 players taken, math is wonderful you bitter bitter man....

Comment

• Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                    with our 1st, 4th, 6th and 2 7th rounders, that's 5 picks and he mentioned 5 players taken, math is wonderful you bitter bitter man....
                    And you really think 6th and 7th round picks are going to make an impact? Most likely not. The only 2 picks you can really count on are the 1st and 4th round picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                      I think you have down syndrome or you cant read well.

also i didnt mention we might trade down since we probably cant pay the 4th overall pick
                      No, I can read very well very well thank you very much. I'm not from Oakland, hence I actually have an education.

Comment

• Oooohhh...Zing.

Thats pretty harsh.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information