Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much cap room do the Raiders have?

Comment

The Raiders have spent a lot of money this offseason, but the reality is that most of those players aren't going to see anywhere close to the total money. I have a hard time seeing Al letting the best draft pick he's made in forever, a defensive back no less, walk.

If there's a guy out there who would pay out the ass for the best corner duo in the NFL, his name is Al Davis. And as long as the Raiders are going for broke, I love this move.
      Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 03-15-2008, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superpack84 View Post
        after the draft? I estimate about $11
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
          We just got out smarted by Al Davis. My god.

Hehehehe

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I'm surprised they haven't cut Lamont Jordan yet. That will free up more room. Maybe they can ditch NT Terdell Sands even though they gave him a 4-year deal before 07.

Luckily Burgess has a 3M salary the next two seasons, which is why I don't think they look Gholston despite his workout warrior ability.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              It makes no sense. Aso wouldn't have stayed for the type of money they gave to Hall? I have a hard time believing that.
              With the cap going up again, Aso has a better chance making more money in FA next year, then taking this contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                The Raiders have spent a lot of money this offseason, but the reality is that most of those players aren't going to see anywhere close to the total money. I have a hard time seeing Al letting the best draft pick he's made in forever, a defensive back no less, walk.

If there's a guy out there who would pay out the ass for the best corner duo in the NFL, his name is Al Davis. And as long as the Raiders are going to broke, I love this move.
                See, this is what I'm thinking, PM. Good post. I think Davis will want to make it work. He spent 1-2M extra to make Aso an exclusive franchise player, so that he couldn't even talk to other teams.

The man franchise tagged Charles Woodson for two seasons.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                  He sucks, he was demoted in favor of Routt.

Right now I'm not sure what to think of this trade, sure D-Hall is good..but wtf, that pick was going to fill a hole...and what happens with Asumogha..
                  I'd be surprised if Asomugha wasn't the starter.
                  Last edited by Ness; 03-15-2008, 05:59 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by superpack84 View Post
                    They should have plenty. Kelly, Walker, Fargas, and Wilson are making a total of 2.8 million combined in 2008.

Comment

Wow...only a second round pick.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                        They should have plenty. Kelly, Walker, Fargas, and Wilson are making a total of 2.8 million in 2008.
                        another pretty good point. Alot of these deals(i think) are pretty backloaded. For now, they should be ok.
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

@#$&*@^@#(*&^)@#$*&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does this mean Asomugha is gone this year or next? I would rather have Scrabble over Hall any day of the week. This really ticks me off.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

wow, we traded for one of my fave defensive players! Can't complain. If we could somehow keep Aso and D-Hall I'd be thrilled! :)

Comment

So who do the Falcons have in their secondary now? I may need to readjust my mock.

And to whomever asked before about trading up for a QB, I don't see it, unless they REALLY like Flacco and are afraid someone else will leapfrog them. I can't see them, or any other team, getting a hot hand for Brohm or Henne.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                So who do the Falcons have in their secondary now? I may need to readjust my mock.

And to whomever asked before about trading up for a QB, I don't see it, unless they REALLY like Flacco and are afraid someone else will leapfrog them. I can't see them, or any other team, getting a hot hand for Brohm or Henne.

Chris Houston, Von Hucthins, Lawyer Milloy, and Erik Coleman. Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information