Hackett to Panthers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hackett to Panthers

DJ Hackett has signed with the Carolina Panthers on a 2-year/$3.5million deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3298035

Panthers WRs should be vastly improved after they added Muhammed earlier in free agency too. Good signing, got him quite cheap as well.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Like bzasa said in another thread, I'm shocked that he didn't go to the Redskins. And yeah, that's a real nice price they got him for.

Just think:
    Jerry Porter - $5 mil a year
    DJ Hackett - $1.75 a year

Comment

Panthers have had one of the better offseasons so far. Another quality move. This move greatly diminishes any chance they had of going WR relatively early (say first 3 rounds). They've done such a good job this offseason that they can afford a QB pick in the 2nd/3rd now without having to feel like they are leaving needs untended.

I'm very surprised the Redskins didn't match, although there's been rumors that there's WR's that they are targeting in the draft, and they could revisit Chad Johnson.

This also increases the already high chances of the Bucs going WR, and this increases the likelihood the Seahawks go WR, as they really could use a lead guy anyways, but without Hackett, they could use a bigger guy, although they do have the former Auburn tandem of Obamanu and Taylor.

Comment

Great signing. They got him really cheap and locked him in for two years.

Comment

Nice signing, he will produce well for them.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I hope they get some insurance if Jake Delhomme goes down again.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
            Originally posted by Borat
            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Great signing. Should give Steve Smith some room to make plays.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                Great signing. Hope this gives Steve Smith some room to make plays.
                You are a saints fan, no? lol wtf.

Comment

One of the better value signings of the offseason yet. Great move.

Comment

very good signing. Props to carolina hackett one of the most under rated WR's in the league IMO. Sux for seattle...

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                      They've done such a good job this offseason that they can afford a QB pick in the 2nd/3rd now without having to feel like they are leaving needs untended.
                      man i hope not

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about the 2nd, largely because I think that 3 QB's will be off already and maybe even 4. I could see one happening in the 3rd, but that said, I also expect the Panthers to deal up by using one of their thirds.

I'm not saying they will draft a QB, rather just that they can afford to now without feeling guilty about leaving multiple needs untended.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          You are a saints fan, no? lol wtf.
                          Yes I am, but im a Steve Smith fan also. I only dont like him two times per year. He plays with so much hart and intensity. Its hard not to be a fan.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
                            man i hope not
                            You're confident with Jake Delhomme? Har.
                            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Hopefully Hackett can stay healthy. Last year was supposed to be his breakout season and he messed up due to injuries.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information