Do the Jets have the best Oline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
    Id say Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach were the best LT/LG duo.
    That's true, I forgot about them. They could very well be the best.

Comment

New England and Indy have the best LT/LG combos, but Cleveland is right in after them...and probably will surpass them this year.

Comment

Faneca and Woody are on the downside of their careers, D'Brick is alright, but not great (yet at least). Mangold is very good, but they aren't very deep and Brandon Moore at RG is only decent. New England's line is superior as is San Diego's, Dallas', Cleveland's and probably Minnesota's. All those lines are younger too. Jets do have a good front 5 now though which will help their offense tremendously.

Speaking of Cleveland's line, talk about depth and talent: Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Ryan Tucker, Hank Fraley, Rex Hadnot, and Lennie Friedman. All those guys are really versatile too.

Comment

No the Chiefs have the best OL wait sorry flash back never mind.:(

Comment

No.

The end.

Comment

What have the Jets proven at all with this group? Is there any continuity? What is the real upside? Can they be coached well enough to reach whatever potential they have? We have no idea. Ask me in Week 6.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

if the bengals line can stay healthy we should be up there in the top 5 or so.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by Larry121283 View Post
                  New England and Indy have the best LT/LG combos, but Cleveland is right in after them...and probably will surpass them this year.
                  LOL the Colts with the best LT/LG combo?? Give me a break. New England's is better but I tend to think Matt Light is pretty overrated. Mankins is good though. Neither come close to Thomas/Steinbach, though.

Comment

I personally like McKinnie and hutchinson as the best LT/LG combo in the league, but lets just hope mckinnie can stay outta trouble.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

based on last year i had them ranked like this:

1. New England
                      2. Dallas
                      3. Tennessee
                      4. Green Bay
                      5. Indy

With Jacksonville, Cleveland and NYG as outsiders looking in. I think this year, who knows, we don't know yet. Paper means nothing with olines. NE's oline doesn't look that impressive on paper, and it was easily the most dominant in the league. The only game where they looked mortal was in the SB. Let's not forget how dominant they were every other game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        based on last year i had them ranked like this:

1. New England
                        2. Dallas
                        3. Tennessee
                        4. Green Bay
                        5. Indy

With Jacksonville, Cleveland and NYG as outsiders looking in. I think this year, who knows, we don't know yet. Paper means nothing with olines. NE's oline doesn't look that impressive on paper, and it was easily the most dominant in the league. The only game where they looked mortal was in the SB. Let's not forget how dominant they were every other game.
                        Could you explain the Packers' rank? I must have been missing something this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                          Could you explain the Packers' rank? I must have been missing something this past season.
                          The Packers had the best Tackle duo in the league. And their interior played very well too. They were lacking a little bit in run blocking, but they lacked a true RB as well. When you come out with as many 4 WR/5 WR sets as the Packers did, for them to play at that level week in and week out speaks for itself. Its alot harder "looking good" when youre exposed as much as that line was.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                            if the bengals line can stay healthy we should be up there in the top 5 or so.
                            Was Levi Jones injured last year? For your guys' sake I hope he was so he can have a reason for his poor play. I remember him getting benched because he got manhandled so badly by Jared Allen. I still think he is a good tackle and I hope he does return to form.

Comment

No, I don't think the Jets have the best OL, although they could have a top 10 unit, and perhaps a top 5 unit. The idea is that Faneca will allow Brick and Mangold to develop more, but that still has to happen for me to buy into it. Also, Faneca/Woody are on the downswing of their careers. Still good, but not likely to be great. Also, top OL's are usually relatively stable units, so I'd look for a team that hasn't had much turnover, if any.

Comment

I honestly think the Bucs will have one of the best O-lines in the league next year, especially if we add a LT in the draft like Chris Williams in the first

LT-Penn or Petigout or draft pick
                                LG- Arron Sears
                                C- Jeff Faine
                                RG- Davin Joseph
                                RT- Jeremy Trueblood

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information