Woody is almost done
      Mangold is good but not great center in my book
      Faneca is great
      and RT is a big deal who ever they get is a big need

Comment

1. Patriots
        2. Dallas
        3. Chargers (if they get a RT)

The jets have the talent to be up there...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Why is this in the draft section?

Anyway, no I don't think they do. Woody is average and D'Brick is overrated to an extent. Faneca is the best on the line.
          How is Brick overrated?? Everyone is calling him horrible all of last year, I say he played better then most people say. I don't know what everyone thinks about him on these boards but a lot of people think hes a bust elsewhere. I watch him very closely and he was great for a period of time last year where he absolutely dominated every DE he faced, I think it was a 7 game stretch. He faded off towards the end of the year like he did as a rookie. He needs to be more consistent for 16 games and not just 7. But he has the tools to be a pro bowl caliber LT. Faneca can help.

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
            I personally like McKinnie and hutchinson as the best LT/LG combo in the league, but lets just hope mckinnie can stay outta trouble.
            I agree. I think Ferguson-Faneca-Mangold is going to be good though, but its too early to say who has the best OL, thats a question only can be answered during the season. Its about whos OL works together and gets the job done, I like the Giants OL a lot.

Comment

D'Brick Faneca Mangold Moore Woody

It sure looks good, but o-lines depend on chemistry as much as talent and experience. With Bill Callahan as an o-line coach it sure has potential to be great and give Clemens some time.
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

This sounds weird to say but the Cardinals have one of the best pass blocking lines in the NFL

Tied for the 8th fewest sacks allowed while passing the ball the 2nd most times

but all that is negated by the fact that they jump offside all the time and suck at run blocking

Comment

Hey and guys, OG usually last into their late 30s, so a 31 year OG can easily have a good 4 years in him. And Woody will see about, he is 30 yrs old, and will work hard for us.

Comment

I'll take my Titans maulers any day of the week. Although I am biased.

Comment

maybe if D'Brick would actually not get pushed backwards on run plays

If i was McFadden, i wouldnt want to get drafted by the JEts because they still have no QB, or defense

the way i look at it

Jason Peters > D'brick
                      Alan Faneca = Derrick Dockery
                      Melvin Fowler < Mangold
                      Brad Butler > Moore
                      Langston Walker > Woody

they dont even have the best line in the division imo
                      Last edited by BufFan71; 03-17-2008, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
                        maybe if D'Brick would actually not get pushed backwards on run plays

If i was McFadden, i wouldnt want to get drafted by the JEts because they still have no QB, or defense
                        Yeah but I think they have the best situation out of the top 6. He's got to be hoping for a trade up with Dallas.
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                          I'll take my Titans maulers any day of the week. Although I am biased.
                          Might have agreed last year but not so sure after the loss of Bell and Olson (he is retiring isn't he?). My opinion could change though depending on what happens with the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            based on last year i had them ranked like this:

1. New England
                            2. Dallas
                            3. Tennessee
                            4. Green Bay
                            5. Indy

With Jacksonville, Cleveland and NYG as outsiders looking in. I think this year, who knows, we don't know yet. Paper means nothing with olines. NE's oline doesn't look that impressive on paper, and it was easily the most dominant in the league. The only game where they looked mortal was in the SB. Let's not forget how dominant they were every other game.
                            Kinda surprised not to see the Vikings anywhere on this this top 5 list. They did after all set a rookie up to be the NFC Rushing champ.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Jets the best? Maybe in Madden, but in the real world, chemistry is a huge deal. While I didn't see each team extensively, down the stretch the best OL last season was the Giants IMO. Not for star power, but for chemistry and working as a unit. Adding Faneca is nice but the result isn't as simple as relying on the theory adding a top OG will do wonders.

Comment

if alberts from virgina falls to the jets then id say they have the most versatile line and a great promising young line for years to come

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information