Do the Jets have the best Oline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
    Kinda surprised not to see the Vikings anywhere on this this top 5 list. They did after all set a rookie up to be the NFC Rushing champ.
    they have one of the best left sides but as a complete oline theyre not top 5. they can improve, but based on last year's performances, i have to rate the aforementioned lines above them.

Comment

Originally posted by BufFan71 View Post
      maybe if D'Brick would actually not get pushed backwards on run plays

If i was McFadden, i wouldnt want to get drafted by the JEts because they still have no QB, or defense

the way i look at it

Jason Peters > D'brick
      Alan Faneca > Derrick Dockery
      Melvin Fowler < Mangold
      Brad Butler < Moore
      Langston Walker < Woody

they dont even have the best line in the division imo
      Thats better..

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
        Jets the best? Maybe in Madden, but in the real world, chemistry is a huge deal. While I didn't see each team extensively, down the stretch the best OL last season was the Giants IMO. Not for star power, but for chemistry and working as a unit. Adding Faneca is nice but the result isn't as simple as relying on the theory adding a top OG will do wonders.
        I agree, the Jets helped themselves by addressing it and adding more talent instead of the practice squad guys last year. But chemistry is everything, its nice to know though that Faneca has already reached out to Brick and Mangold and actually went to the Knicks game yesterday with Brick. So I can see Brick and Mangold improving with the leadership of Faneca. You should know what thats like, didn't your OL get a lot better when you signed Kevan Mawae to give the leadership to your young guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry121283 View Post
          New England and Indy have the best LT/LG combos, but Cleveland is right in after them...and probably will surpass them this year.
          That is far from the truth. Joe Thomas is better than both teams LT's and Eric Steinbach is at least even or not far behind the LG's of the respective teams.

Your only arguement is exsperience, but after the first game of the season the Browns entire OL only gave up 7 sacks. thats less than .5 per game.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
            I agree, the Jets helped themselves by addressing it and adding more talent instead of the practice squad guys last year. But chemistry is everything, its nice to know though that Faneca has already reached out to Brick and Mangold and actually went to the Knicks game yesterday with Brick. So I can see Brick and Mangold improving with the leadership of Faneca. You should know what thats like, didn't your OL get a lot better when you signed Kevan Mawae to give the leadership to your young guys?
            Well, that and Mawae replaced an awful Justin Hartwig. But yeah, adding veteran leadership is a pretty big bonus usually. I think the Jets OL has the potential to be the best in the NFL, but obviously it's something that has to be seen to be fully believed first. Also, a lot of the "best OL in the NFL" tag comes with team success (quite often a prerequisite for pro bowl trips as well). A great OL will provide the foundations for a good offense, but the skill positions have to take advantage and without that it's hard to tell when an OL is doing top work.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
              Faneca and Woody are on the downside of their careers, D'Brick is alright, but not great (yet at least). Mangold is very good, but they aren't very deep and Brandon Moore at RG is only decent. New England's line is superior as is San Diego's, Dallas', Cleveland's and probably Minnesota's. All those lines are younger too. Jets do have a good front 5 now though which will help their offense tremendously.

Speaking of Cleveland's line, talk about depth and talent: Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Ryan Tucker, Hank Fraley, Rex Hadnot, and Lennie Friedman. All those guys are really versatile too.
              You forgot Kevin Shaffer our starting RT, and Bentley is fully healthy now. He wont be a starter, but he has value as a back-up/mentor.

Comment

Cleveland had a great OL last year, part of the reason why I think Derek Anderson is overrated. I think Brady Quinn is the real franchise QB on that team.

Comment

It belongs to the browns, wait until LeCharles Bentley, and they will have the best left side in football.

LT: Joe Thomas
                  LG: Eric Steinbach
                  OC: LeCharles Bentley
                  RG: Hank Fraley
                  RT: Kevin Shaffer

And they only have one player at the age of 30 or higher, how many teams could you say the same, and still be a top o-line in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan0099 View Post
                    Cleveland had a great OL last year, part of the reason why I think Derek Anderson is overrated. I think Brady Quinn is the real franchise QB on that team.
                    thank you. for having a great OL, very solid run game and maybe the top WR/TE tandem in the AFC, how did Anderson have the 2nd worste completion% in the NFL to go with 19 picks?

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                      Well, that and Mawae replaced an awful Justin Hartwig. But yeah, adding veteran leadership is a pretty big bonus usually. I think the Jets OL has the potential to be the best in the NFL, but obviously it's something that has to be seen to be fully believed first. Also, a lot of the "best OL in the NFL" tag comes with team success (quite often a prerequisite for pro bowl trips as well). A great OL will provide the foundations for a good offense, but the skill positions have to take advantage and without that it's hard to tell when an OL is doing top work.
                      Yea usually when a team gets referred with the best OL thats usually a playoff team without a doubt, and a lot of times a SB team. You win the games in the trenches, I can't wait for this season to start, I am pumped about that added talent to the OL, hope Ferguson plays strong though, we need him to be a pro bowl type LT. He needs to be consistent, Mangold already is great, he should be even better this year, he will be a pro bowl C for a long time, once some of the older dudes retire that are getting in based off of name. We have the potential to field 2 pro bowlers on the OL, Faneca is a given, since his name is known, and Mangold is the 2nd. Last year our OL was like the worst in the NFL.

Comment

On paper they might be top 10.

But chemistry is the most important aspect of offensive line quality and the Jets don't have very much to look back on in that department. Also, Ferguson gets flat out dominated too often for me to really label him a top 5 LT in this league and that position is the most important across the line.
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          based on last year i had them ranked like this:

1. New England
                          2. Dallas
                          3. Tennessee
                          4. Green Bay
                          5. Indy

With Jacksonville, Cleveland and NYG as outsiders looking in. I think this year, who knows, we don't know yet. Paper means nothing with olines. NE's oline doesn't look that impressive on paper, and it was easily the most dominant in the league. The only game where they looked mortal was in the SB. Let's not forget how dominant they were every other game.
                          I think you're forgetting a few games. Indy, Philadelphia, and Baltimore come to mind. Also I think you're underrating your own team's line.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            It belongs to the browns, wait until LeCharles Bentley, and they will have the best left side in football.

LT: Joe Thomas
                            LG: Eric Steinbach
                            OC: LeCharles Bentley
                            RG: Hank Fraley
                            RT: Kevin Shaffer

And they only have one player at the age of 30 or higher, how many teams could you say the same, and still be a top o-line in the league.
                            I think Bentley would actually play G IMO, and fraley would stick at C. But realistically I would not really on Bentley to make any contributions for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                              Was Levi Jones injured last year? For your guys' sake I hope he was so he can have a reason for his poor play. I remember him getting benched because he got manhandled so badly by Jared Allen. I still think he is a good tackle and I hope he does return to form.
                              Ya he came back last year and was still obviously a bit hampered by his injuries. he gradually got better though and he should be fine this year for sure. If i'm not mistaken he was an alternate for the Pro Bowl this year even though he played bad initially.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by DawgBone View Post
                                thank you. for having a great OL, very solid run game and maybe the top WR/TE tandem in the AFC, how did Anderson have the 2nd worste completion% in the NFL to go with 19 picks?
                                Don't like Anderson?? Yea when ever I watched him. I never come out impressed, something about him I just don't like. You guys had to resign Anderson since letting him go can get guys fired if he is the real deal. I remember him against the Jets, he had all day to throw, yet wasn't lighting us up, all he could do was dump offs to his WR and TE. I am a Notre Dame fan, watched every game of Quinn, he is a beast, I want to see him play already! lol I really believe hes a franchise QB.
                                But yea when I watched Browns games also, I came very impressed with that OL, they were very very good last year. Reason why I don't understand why Anderson threw so many INT to lose out in the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information