No announcement yet.

Jesse Lumsden Belongs in the NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When i was watching the video for some reason i thought of Brian Leonard... At the end i saw the Peterson reference a bit. What i will say about him from what ive seen is that hes a hard nosed player that isnt afraid to block... Has great vision and doesnt shy away from contact and runs hard till the whistle... All i can say is i wouldnt mind seeing this guy compete for a spot on the packers roster or any roster for that matter, i want to see more players like him in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
      Well, if you knew the story, Lumsden had stated that he never had a fair shot, and another back on Seattle agreed to the story. He was in for it from the beginning. They never gave him reps in practise, and he hardly got reps in individual drills.
      Oh, thanks for filling me in. So he really did not get a chance because hes white and canadian?????? Wow, that sux.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
        Oh, thanks for filling me in. So he really did not get a chance because hes white and canadian?????? Wow, that sux.
        He didn't get a chance in Seattle because he was an injured white canadian.
        "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Oh god...caste football supporter ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
            seriously? people are posting quotes from his dad and things he's said that some nameless seattle player agreed with as if they're actual supporting evidence? jesus christ.

two nfl teams cut him and it's unacceptable that he just wasn't good enough? come on. that's pathetic.
            I was just stating that if it was true it seems a little fishy. And you have to admit that alot of white running backs are shot down right away from being an actual RB (Brian Leonard) in the NFL. And only because they were white. No this guy is white and canadian which would seem to be even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              1st of all......GO CANADIANS!

Also look out for Jerome Messam in the 08 draft or FA!
              I remember him out of High School. MSU was on him hard at first and they were saying he would be one of the top ranked players in the US if he lived there. Then he signed with Rutgers, went to JUCO and who knows what else. How did he end up in canadian football again?

Comment

Yea after watching this guys film I can see why he's not in the nfl. He runs tall and has some of the choppiest short footwork ive seen.

Comment

Is he better than Kenton Keith? Thus far I'm not at all impressed with Keith, and his CFL highlight reel was just as impressive.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                  <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    Man you're lucky you put a lot of effort into this, my finger was on the "close thread" button....;)
                    I know how things work here. When I have "idea" threads I can't just post one line and expect it to run through, especially not in the NFL forum. Thanks for reasoning with me though.

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                    It was wit Washington, Clinton Portis separeted his shoulder, and I want to say that Rock Cartwright was injured too. This lead them to cut Lumsden and sign TJ Duckett. Yea, that worked out eh?
                    Yeah I do remember that, but I also remember another time, maybe with Seattle, that the 3rd string back got injured in a pre-season game and I looked at my dad and we both knew he was gonna make it.....but he didn't. njx9 has a point but I don't believe Lumsden got a fair chance. I thought maybe a guy like Tom Dimitroff would give him another one but I guess not.

-To those who posted the criticisms of Lumsden's playing style, and those who remarked positively....I didn't quote any of you individually but overall I felt like mostly good points were made and it's good to see some critical thinking on highlight tapes.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

yep...

Whoever brought out the Ryan Grant comparison is pretty bang on imo. As a Canadian I'd love to see Lumsden make it as having a Canadian playing at a skill position in the NFL would probably give football a big boost in Canada from a youth standpoint. It is already growing quite a bit, but getting a high profile Canadian would put it over the top.

I don't think Lumsden can be a guy who can carry the load in the NFL but I certainly think he can help carry it. He would be a great change of pace back for someone like [ironically] Clinton Portis or LT.

The thing I like the most about Lumsden is he DOES NOT want to play his entire career in the CFL. He wants to be in the NFL. Someone should give this guy a real shot....I don't think they would be disappointed.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by lionsfan81 View Post
                        I remember him out of High School. MSU was on him hard at first and they were saying he would be one of the top ranked players in the US if he lived there. Then he signed with Rutgers, went to JUCO and who knows what else. How did he end up in canadian football again?
                        Jerome Messam is not in the CFL. He's a draft prospect this year out of Div 3 after running into some trouble in college. He could be the next Brandon Jacobs and you'll see his name in some of the draft magazines that were published.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                          I was just stating that if it was true it seems a little fishy. And you have to admit that alot of white running backs are shot down right away from being an actual RB (Brian Leonard) in the NFL. And only because they were white. No this guy is white and canadian which would seem to be even worse.
                          Thats ridiculous some players have natural ability like speed and quickness and they don't make it to the nfl. Its what you do with it and how your are as a player on a football team, your vision as a runner and how you run also matters. Players get cut all the time, to either make room on the roster or to save money. If he was that good then some other team would have taken a shot at him or he could have went on PS and played his way up, like Willie Parker, Greg Lewis.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WAl3dWh-pX4&feature=related

He gets caught from behind, also looks like some of the guys are slower than him. He isn't great a breaking tackles or going through people also yeah he doesn;t have good balance. But he does have nice runs, and looks to be a good KR breaks arm tackles. The problem might be being 6'2 might be better suited for WR. He is running really up right, but when gets low running through the holes he can explode through those holes with those short choppy steps.

He could become a good KR, if he really wanted to play in the NFL why not try everything from PS to ST to 2 nd or 3rd string. Do what Joe Horn did, also why didn't he stay at Rutgers.

Comment

Lumsden never went to Rutgers. He took his HS team (Nelson) to the highest possible bowl game (forget the name back then) and won MVP. Then he stayed at home and played for McMaster. His dad was a fullback in the CFL but he played QB for my current school.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Well maybe he should have went to an American College might have helped him out to play in the NFL.

Comment

If anybody were to give him a true shot it would be a team like Green Bay that signs guys all the time that you never heard of. But as of right now, being in Canada is hurting him big time. He should go on a mission to try to make an NFL team in tryouts etc. I read on Yahoo that William Green has straightened out and is working out at the Boston College pro day to try to get noticed again this weekend. Lumsden should do something like that.
                                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information